Hello, Rob here!

Hi everyone,

I’ve never managed to learn guitar properly so far… Now I’m trying again, hopefully I’ll stick to it! I just got to the end of Grade 1 and I’m consolidating before moving to Grade 2. Man, this is hard! Definitely one of the things I wish I had learnt as a kid. I’m 30 yo now, and not expecting to ever become super proficient, but y’know… Just one of the cool people that can play guitar at a party :smiley:

Struggling aside, now I’m trying to learn a song I love to keep me motivated (and if you fancy helping me out, check out my first post here: [HELP] Wanderlust by Flogging Molly).

See you around :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Rob

13 Likes

Hey Rob! Great name!

Yeah it’s hard but also fun, 30 is plenty young enough to start and git gud.

2 Likes

Hey Rob, great name indeed :fire: Yes, it’s super fun. I think the way I tried to get into this before was not the right one: I didn’t click with my teacher and lessons were mostly theory-oriented (not a lot of songs to have fun with). Heh, 30 young enough to git gud? I surely hope so! I have less free time but I’m more motivated… Let’s see what happens!

1 Like

Welcome Rob and terrific to hear you’re on the path to playing and making music!
I wish I’d started at 30! Never too old or young in my book, if you’re having fun that’s all that matters. Happy strumming :+1::guitar:

3 Likes

:wave:

R.

2 Likes

Hello, Rob. Welcome!
30. . . ah, those were the days
:older_adult:

4 Likes

Hello Rob… welcome to the community

2 Likes

Hi Rob,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun playing the guitar :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

30! What a great age to start. I’m almost the quarter of a century older than you…Plenty of time for you to learn, practice and play :slightly_smiling_face:
Good, you give it another go. Learning with Justin is the best way for me and so many others. Have fun!

4 Likes

Hello Rob and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

You have years in you yet to get good. Looking back at my 30 year old self and I’ll tell him what I’ll tell you. Jut make sure you stick with it, otherwise you’ll regret it when you’re older.

2 Likes

Hey Rob, welcome to the community, at your age I was dreaming of learning to play the guitar. So glad I stopped dreaming and started doing, it’s very rewarding. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Rob,
Glad you decided to take the plunge and stepped in :+1:

Like others have said I wished I started at 30 but hey I wish I had been able to start at 6 :rofl: but any time is a good time and enjoyable.

A

2 Likes

Wow, lots of replies, thank you all guys! Looks like I found an active community. I’m sure interacting here will boost my motivation. It’s awesome to hear you think it’s not too late to get good. I’ll try my best to keep going :rocket:

2 Likes

Hi Rob welcome. Good you’re consolidating Grade 1 before tackling new content. If the song you’re dreaming of playing is above your current grade keep working on the lessons and coming back to it and trying again until you get it sorted out. It may be that a specific technique that works better for that song is farther ahead in the lessons.

2 Likes

Welcome, Rob.
Enjoy the forum, and have fun!!!

2 Likes

Hi Roberto
I started about 2 n arf yr ago aged 56, still raw tho bein an older starter buram gerrin there! Can honestly count on me fingerz how many times av missed pikin the guitar up. Practice religiously!!
Luv it !!

2 Likes

Hi Rob and welcome!
All the best with your journey!
:metal: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Hello Rob
Nice to meet you! :slight_smile:
wishing you a super fun (long) guitar journey :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, nice to meet y’all!

1 Like

Hello Rob and welcome…I wish you a wonderful journey…any age is the right one to learn to make some music! :blush:

3 Likes