Hello there, Bala from Auburn, AL

Thank you! I have been working on a few songs so you can definitely expect some soon :slight_smile:

A few distractions but the music’s been good :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s awesome then! I’d have to check it out sometime! The other sections of the site do look like they need some getting used to.

Now imagine that you didn’t have all the musical background :laughing:

I jumped into a singing course in 2021 and along the way bought a small keyboard. I don’t aim to play keys, but was surprised that I could relatively quickly manage to play the major scale in all the natural note keys.

So keep at it and I am sure you will tame the beast.

1 Like

It is interesting that you brought that up. The guitar knowledge most definitely helped me recognize scales and chords quickly. I even used it in one of my new originals. But the left and right hand coordination, improvising solos, playing classical music from sheet music etc. seem very very distant! I can play and sing let it be (of course the first song is a Beatles song) as of now :slight_smile:

No need to start all that again :rofl:

That I can believe. I have nowhere near that level of aspiration. But I think the time spent schooling the fingers on my right hand for basic finger-picking, helped develop dexterity that made going up and down scales easier to get the hang of than I imagine it may have been.

1 Like

Haha can’t stop loving the Beatles! The long and winding road and golden slumbers at some point would be great.

I set some very high targets to start with. I mean I was trying to learn a whole new sound to add to my arsenal, so I wanted to learn it proper. My biggest target would be to play moon light sonata someday. But a decent goal to achieve would be to be able to play some of my favorite piano rock songs and sing along! More songs to the repertoire!

That’s also a good thought. Maybe I should try out some guitar dexterity exercises before I practice piano as well. I’m taking it slow though to get it right.

1 Like

Hello Bala and welcome to the other side of forums.

I’m glad you introduced yourself as I’d not seen you over on the forum.

2 Likes

Hello Sgt. Colon. Yes I was a lot more active from 2018- early 2020 and then health, work and band kept me away from the forum for most part. Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to listening to your music!