Hello there, Bala from Auburn, AL

Hello all. Some of you already know me from the old community forum. I’m known by my first name Bala. I’m 29 years old. I’m a guitarist and a singer. I’ve been playing guitar seriously for the past 3 years or so but have been playing around with it for about 10 years now. I’m currently in 2 bands and have also collaborated with other bands/ people. I have also had the opportunity to collaborate with some really amazing people from this community. I do write some originals every now and then but we mostly do covers. I’m currently also learning to play the piano and have played around with the harmonica and bass too.

I’m really happy that we have a new forum and I really thank Lieven, Close and Justin and everybody else who made this happen. I was a little inconsistent posting in the old forum in the last year or so and this gives me a chance to start fresh. Let’s do this! \m/

5 Likes

Welcome to the new community Bala.

1 Like

Thank you Stitch! Hope you’ve been doing great.

Good to hear from you again, Bala. Look forward to more good times.

Yo buddy, great to see you onboard!

Hey David! I’m looking forward to it too!

1 Like

Thank you Darrell. Hope everything’s okay with you.

1 Like

Haha, Hi Bala,
It’s weird seeing people introduce themselves when you think there’s no way they need an introduction :smiley:
I do hope the new format increases your post frequency though… :wink:

1 Like

Hi Bala - welcome aboard, good to see you.
You’ll note from notifications that you have already been name-checked in various topics.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bala just seen this post when I already replied in other thread :grinning: welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hey Bala, so glad you’ve turned up here. Interesting to read that you’re learning piano now, that’s great. I hope you’re all settled in your new home and life as a married man.

1 Like

Hello, Bala. Good to see you made it to the new and improved forum!

Hiya stranger where you been hiding ? :rofl:
Good to see another old friend arrive on the doorstep. Hope all is well with you and yours ?

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Bala. Looking forward to some music from you on the new site.

1 Like

I think I do need an introduction. I mean I haven’t really posted in months. And as for being more frequent, I hope so too Brian! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes Richard! Although I ran out of available replies for my first day. There’s so much to catch up on. I’m starting by to like the new forum more and more however. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I read the reply there too. Thank you Adrian :blush:

Life as a married man is hardly any different with my wife since we’ve been together for so long. The new house is good but strangely enough I’ve been jamming a lot lesser than I had hope to. Piano is surprisingly difficult. A lot of people said if you can play one instrument, you can easily learn to play another. But the piano is definitely a whole new beast. I’m working h

Thank you so much! :blush:

Thank you Toby! Been hiding at work or under the comfort of my laziness mostly. Things have been better here. How’s everything there? :slight_smile: