Hello there! Greetings from Ken in Ohio

I’m Ken, a retired police detective, picking up the guitar and bass after a 15 hiatus. Unfortunately guitar is not like riding a bike, but hopefully I’ll be back to rocking out soon. After looking around for online lessons and stumbling on Jusin’s page; I was impressed by the organized and straight forward manner of the curriculum. I especially appreciate how Justin is genuinely focused on the teaching without a hint of pretense. I’m just a few weeks in and these lessons are already helping rediscover my guitar mojo.

3 Likes

Welcome Ken. Glad you got your mojo back. Hopefully now you will have the time to devote to guitar. Justin’s course will get you moving in the right direction.

1 Like

Hey Ken, welcome to the community. Since I retired I have a fair bit more time to put into the guitar. For me, learning my first song (a relatively easy one) all the way through was the breakthrough I needed to keep the motivation going.

Ken, good to have you hear, regaining mojo, and when ready hope you’ll share some rocking out in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing

Hello Ken and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Hi Ken ,
Welcome and i wish you al the fun , learning guitar
and relative peace that a policeman could wish for in retirement :sunglasses: … well an ex-policeman, maybe we can still use that to keep certain people in line a bit… :grimacing:
Greetings,Rogier

Hello Ken, a very warm welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. You’ll find plenty of good folk here happy to chat, help and encourage.
Enjoy it all.
Cheers
Richard
:slight_smile:

Welcome Ken. What part of Ohio are you from? I’m in Cincinnati.

I’m in Miamisburg When I get good, we should get together and jam.

1 Like

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the community. Take it one day at a time and you will be surprised what you can pull out of the old memory bank. A lot of us here played years ago and failed just to find Justin guitar and started building a success story. You will make leaps and bounds in progress in no time. I suggest reviewing Justin’s lessons one by one with no race to the finish line. The videos can always be played back as often as you need. Good luck in playing.

Jeff from California.

I don’t think it will take too much to catch up to me. I’m just so - so myself.