Hello world! From GuitarHawk

Hello community, my name is GuitarHawk(obviously I won’t be using my real name). I joined this website a few days ago to learn how to play the guitar so I can join my church’s music programme ( plus I also want to able to play for own personal enjoyment). I own a Sanchez acoustic guitar but that won’t stop me from trying to play rock on it.! I mainly enjoy orchestra and songs by Fallout Boy. I hope that I’ll meet very interesting people on here. Until next time…

8 Likes

Hi Nicholas,
Don’t you also want us to call you by your given name?..I almost always use the avatar to spell the name correctly,…I’ll do my best if you don’t want it,but I forget a lot :upside_down_face:. …I wish you welcome and a lot of fun, :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the forum GuitarHawk If you don’t want people to know your real name you’ll need to edit you profile. If it’s OK then leave it the way it is. You’ll defiantly meet interesting and helpful people here.

1 Like

Hello GuitarHawk, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
You’ve found a wonderful place for starting your guitar journey. Lots of friendly and supportive people here :blush:.

1 Like

Welcome GuitarHawk! I hope you achieve your goals.

1 Like

Welcome to the community GuitarHawk & best of luck with your guitar journey. As for playing rock music on an acoustic, absolutely and not just rock ballads. check out The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube
Apparently except for an electric bass, the rest was acoustics.

BTW given the post title, you must have learned computer programming way back in the day.

Cheers,
Glen

1 Like

Hi Nicholas, welcome to the group and I hope you enjoy your journey.

R.

1 Like

Hello Nicholas and welcome to our community :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoy your guitar adventure.

1 Like

Nicholas is just an alias

1 Like

It’s not my real name

1 Like

Thx, but Nicholas is just an alias aka it’s not my real name. I got the name from Nick Fury a Marvel character

1 Like

Welcome Nicholas, sounds like an awesome goal for your playing, best of luck with it and have fun!

1 Like

Thank you, the best of luck to you too.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Oh and by the way I am currently learning computer programming

1 Like

GuitarHawk, welcome to the community and good luck with your learning.

2 Likes

Hello GuitarHawk! welcome. Take your time to go through to the lessons to build a strong foundation. Whatever level of privacy you want to keep is fine. Just your guitar learning is a subject of interest to be able to provide advice and encouragement if needed. Plenty of interesting people here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the group all the best on your path.

A

2 Likes

Hello GuitarHawk, welcome to the community. You’re sure to meet many folk here, friendly and encouraging.
:slight_smile:

1 Like