Hello y’all!

Hello, I’m Doc2 from Northeast GA. I’m a retired veterinarian and have just picked up my guitar again after 15+ years. My wife bought me a Takamine Jasmine way back when and I was just getting good at basic chords with nice calloused fingertips back then and then life or something sidetracked me :grinning:! But I am determined to learn how to play and enjoy it as long as I can. I’m at the how to hold it/finger toughening/ the string buzz stage but I’m having fun! Just wanted to say hello and thanks to Justin for helping me along!

12 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Doc2. Fingers will toughen up in no time and you’ll be right back where you left off.

1 Like

Hi Doc2, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
I wish you lots of fun along your guitar journey :guitar::smiley:!

What’s up Doc2!

Welcome, wish you a lot of fun getting back into learning and playing!

Welcome to the Community!!!
I think you’re going to find that this is a pretty friendly place to ask questions and share ideas!!! Have fun following the best internet guitar teacher that I’ve found and have loads of fun with your six stringed buddy!!!
Good luck!!!

Tod

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Nice to hear from someone from Georgia. My dad lived there in Valdosta for about the last 10 years of his life. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Doc2. Lots of us retired beginners here. This is a good place to learn.

Welcome to the forum from another veterinarian!

Welcome! I had a 10 year hiatus and was amazed how quickly my callouses returned when I started again - I rebuilt them much more quickly than it too initially. Looking forward to hearing about your journey.
Paul.

Welcome to the Community Doc.
:sunglasses:

Welcome Doc,
Good luck with your second time around hope it goes well.
A

Hello Doc and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Hopefully nothing will side track you this time.

Welcome aboard, Doc! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun re-exploring the guitar-land! :slight_smile:

Cheers - Lisa

hahahahaha!

Welcome Doc2,
I wish you a lot of fun and a quick back from where you where :sunglasses: and beyond it :smile:
Greetings,Rogier

Welcome Doc! You’ve got the most important motivation with your “I’m having fun” comment, it’s what it’s all about!
All the best with your journey :slight_smile:

Hi Doc and welcome to the community forum. Pick the guitar and play a little each day, follow Justins lessons and you will eventually progress beyond where you left off years ago. Continue to have fun on your guitar journey.

Hi Doc, welcome. Good you restarted your guitar learning. Having stopped and restarted can work on your favour as you may now be able to work on some details you may have missed the first time and build a better foundation. Have fun.