Hells Bells - AC/DC

After deciding to come back to playing guitar after a long hiatus and really sticking to this amazing hobby (thread where I introduce myself to everyone), here’s my first AVOYP to you all :slight_smile:

One of my all time favorite tunes, such gnarly riffs and personality in this song - what a blast to play it is! I challenged myself to try to transcribe the main riff by myself and was happy to see that I was mostly correct from Justin’s lesson. Tons of fun to play this one and I can’t wait to eventually learn the solo (also oops, little accident at the end)

Cheers everyone!

22 Likes

Great playing dude.

1 Like

Bravo Bruno!
Very enjoyable mate. Well done.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

You play like a pro. Great tone and lot of confidence. You nailed it :metal:

1 Like

Brilliant loved it :love_you_gesture: :guitar: :clap:

1 Like

Hey Bruno! Great playing! The lads might be looking for a rhythm player for their 2024 tour, eh? You’ve got that one down. I reckon it’s a great demonstration of how to play that part. Thanks for posting it here!!

The transcribing thing is super rewarding as your ear gets better and better. Such a confidence booster.

Keep em coming!!
Jeremy

1 Like

That’s a phenomenal touch you’ve got there Bruno. And that tone…!

1 Like

Not a metal fan but wish I could play like that

1 Like

Looks like you didn’t lose too much of the feel for guitar during your hiatus. Solid playing.

I’m learning this song right now. Your interpretation is slightly different than mine. I like how you slide your index finger up from the A power chord to circle back to the beginning of the intro riff. I might add that to my practice. I usually play the open A only (not the power chord) and use that time to move my hand up the fretboard to be in position to start the riff Adding the fretted E on the D string really fattens it up, which helps when playing a 2-guitar song on a solo guitar.

Keep Rockin’!! :metal:

1 Like

Rockin it :+1:
Thanks for posting, hope there’s more to come
Cheers
Ruaridh

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement everyone!! It was a blast to play and record this one - fantastic tune. Looking forward to the next few ones - cheers!

While learning it I started playing around and felt like sliding down from the A power chord to the main riff felt quite good and added a little bit of a personal touch to my cover so I figured out why not :smiley: it’s a fun process of experimenting and see what feels good with the original. Cheers!

:metal: :metal: :metal:

That was rocking, Bruno! Great playing.

1 Like

Good work Bruno. Like a hurricane :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great performance! That is some great playing.

1 Like

Awesome! Love it. Keep posting :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was very cool! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you all! Looking forward to do more!

Killed it, Bruno!! :metal: That was EPIC! :fire:
Probably my fav ACDC track from the Brian Johnson era, but for some reason I’ve never looked at playing it - I will now though! Like you say, that looked like a total blast to play! :smiley: :+1:
Keep on sharing buddy! Can’t to see what you tackle next :sunglasses:

Not really the kind of music I listen to, but I very much appreciate the excellent playing. Looking forward to the solo!