Helplessly Hoping by CSN cover

Hi Mark,
Glad you enjoyed it. The pedal is awesome.
Thank you for the feedback, I. Really appreciate it. :smiley:

Pro quality singing and playing as always Ron, great stuff. I see you’ve got your own T shirts now!

The pedal vocal harmony sounded very interesting, but I personally found it a bit weird, I prefer your songs where it’s just your voice (without the harmony added).

1 Like

Hi JK,
Thank you for the feedback. :smiley:
I agree that the harmonies are not perfect with the pedal but in my mind this particular song is empty without them. I could try and do the harmonies myself for a recording but I can’t do it live when gigging. :smiley:
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Really interesting version Ron. Clever use of technology to achieve the harmonies.
I have to confess to preferring your songs where you simply sing.
A terrific song by a terrific band and I enjoyed your version nonetheless.

2 Likes

Thank you Gordon for the feedback.
I realize it is not to everyone’s liking using the harmonies but for me to perform this song at a gig I think it really needs it. So I was happy to come up with a way to do it with my TC.
Cheers
Ron :smiley:

Your intro made me intrigued, Ron.

You are making full use of all the Play Acoustics pedal’s capabilities. And I mus make mention of your ability to maintain your smooth playing and singing while doing the stomp box tap dance.

I think you can take this one to a gig as is. With the pedal you can do a more than OK job of CSN and CSNY covers, incorporating vocal harmony which I guess would be what made them stand out from the crowd (though would not want to downplay their abilities as guitarists).

I’m tempted to ask for a little more detail but really not needed. While I use the pedal, mine is super simple and just adds a little to my natural sound, nothing anything like what you have achieved (to be fair what you have achieved in the playing and singing is well beyond my playgrade and I’d not be able to get the same from the pedal)

Excellent all round.

1 Like

Hi David,
Thank you for the wonderful and encouraging feedback.
Gig ready…high praise indeed. Thank you. :smiley:
I am more than happy to share my setup I used on the TC Helicon to achieve the harmonies. If you like, I could do a short video talking through each step.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Ron

Ron, I don’t think there’d be that much benefit in making such a video for the Community. To the best of my knowledge only @TheMadman_tobyjenner and I have the pedal and without disparaging Toby, I don’t think either of us are in position to take it to that level to emulate the harmonies of CSN. I’d find it interesting, but only in an academic sense since I really don’t think I can do what you’ve done, given my current ability to play and sing. Maybe in the next decade :rofl:

1 Like

No problems. :smiley::+1:

1 Like