Helplessly Hoping by CSN cover

Hi ya all my fellow Justineer’s
As some of you would be aware, I recently added a new fx pedal to my setup. The TC Helicon Play Acoustic. It is a marvelous pedal. Anyway, as I have been playing around with it I thought I would try and replicate one of my all time favorite songs as I would like to add it to my set for gigs. So here are my efforts. All feedback welcome.
Cheers
Ron
[Helplessly Hoping by Crosby Stills and Nash Acoustic Cover - YouTube]

10 Likes

Love this song Ron.
You’ve done a great job with this performance.

I do not have a lot of knowledge about pedals, but it sounded great.

1 Like

Ron ! This was just great ! The playing. The singning. The intonation. The style. The vocal harmonies. Use of pedals with taste. Everything. Love it. Thanks for sharing. :pray: :champagne: :sunglasses: :partying_face: :grinning: :pray:

1 Like

Beautifully done.
I love this classic CSNY anthem, and I love the harmonies generated by your gear!
Beautiful recording studio!
Thanks for sharing.
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

Sounded great. I will check out the pedal.

1 Like

Wow, Ron! That was simply amazing! Very well done on this one. All of it worked so nicely together: The playing, singing and harmonies by the pedal - and the timing of switching it on and off in between. I really enjoyed the listen - thank you! :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Cheers Sebastian, I appreciate the feedback. :smiley:

Thank you Luc for your encouraging feedback. I am glad you enjoyed it. :smiley:

Hi Rene,
Thank so much. It is a great song and was fun to play. The TC Helicon Play Acoustic is a great fx pedal for sure. My music room still needs some work but it is getting there.
Cheers
Ron :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Trevor
Thanks for the feedback.
The TC Helicon is worth a look at for sure.
All the best.
Ron :smiley:

Hi Lisa,
Thank you so much for your kind words and encouraging feedback,
Glad you enjoyed it. :smiley:
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Wonderful playing and singing Ron. I like what you did to your vocals, had a Bon Iver feel to it. As always a great performance.

1 Like

Fantastic playing and singing :clap: sounded top notch :v:

1 Like

Hi Ron!

I am helplessy lost in CSN ( did you see what i did there? :rofl::rofl::rofl: )

It sounded awsome!! Dont know much about CSN but can’t imagine they did much better than you with this one!!
Good job Ron!!

1 Like

Bravo @RonG! Great vocals and playing. Really enjoyed playing it, you sound like a professional.

What’s your secret for those vocal effects, may I ask?

1 Like

That sounded amazing Ron, and what a wonderful song. That pedal did an excellent job creating the harmonies.

1 Like

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the great feedback. I really appreciate it. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Lee for taking the time to give feedback. Glad you enjoyed it. :smiley:

Hi Trond,
Yes I got your humor :rofl::joy:.
Thank you for your very encouraging feedback. You should have a listen to of few Crosby Stills Nash and Young songs on YouTube. Those guys were awesome.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Hi Serhat,
I really appreciate your feedback.
I achieved the vocal harmonies for this song by using a TC Helicon Play Acoustic FX pedal. With the pedal I was able to setup two adjacent FX with different layers of harmony vocal fx and then switch back and forth between them. It is quite a complex process and took a bit of practice to get the timing right. But in the end I am very happy with the overall sound. :smiley:
Cheer
Ron