Hey, how ya doin? Todd here

We’ve already chatted front and back stage though no harm in saying ‘Hi todd’ over here too.
I hope the one-to-one with Justin has spurred you on to even more in your guitar learning.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that.

The lesson with Justin was a great time.

I was sort of hoping the same thing. Sadly, I think I’ve only practiced once since then. I’m sort of falling off. I’m going to try to get back into it this week. As with many people, the Holiday time is a difficult time for me, with family members whom I’ve lost around this time of year. Also, I’ve had some personal struggles recently. So, I have not been in a good mental space. Losing interest in your hobbies often comes along with depression, so, I think that’s a big aspect of it.

Best Wishes,
Todd

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Todd. Take care of yourself first and foremost… I hope January brings renewed spirit and musical therapy.

1 Like

@SocratesDiedTrolling I think the best advice I got from a guitar teacher was to practice at least 1 minute, but every single day, no exceptions. I did that indeed since and those 1-minute days are immensely helpful as although 1 minute does not improve you, it prevents the “falling off” feeling and keeps you in the zone, always. Thought that could help you too.

2 Likes

Todd

Take your time and ease yourself back in, no objective other than play for a few minutes a day to start with build from there. I know where you are at for other reasons and find myself in a similar situation…again ! Lost an old friend a few weeks back and struggling to get over the huge hole. Tried playing now and then but no focus but yesterday I decided to take my time and build slow. Did about 10 minutes and felt like I’d never played before. Today I tried some well known scale exercises and kept screwing up but I put things down and will retry those tomorrow. This afternoon I got through some fingerstyle blues routines, less than I planned and all very wooden but it was something and I’ll now regroup and with past experience know things will get back to normal again, Shoot whatever that is !!
Just don’t beat yourself up, take it slow and at your own pace,

All the best

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks, all, for your kind words and encouragement. I did pick up my new guitar and tune it last night, so, I guess that’s a start. :wink:

3 Likes

Baby steps Todd, baby steps.
:sunglasses:

1 Like