Hey, I’m Bill from NC, USA

Hey! I’ve been playing for a year but progress is slow and steady with a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old keeping me very busy. I live in North Carolina by way of Chicago and Cleveland.

I play my grandpas old Fender King acoustic and a Tele that I bought from the most effective guitar center salesperson ever. He took the cab fair it cost to get home off the price and I was sold. That guitar collected dust for 15 years before getting put to good use starting last spring.

I’d love to write a song one day. Once I get further along I’d like to be able to play the solo from Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue.

Also, this is the first time I’ve ever posted on a web forum like this.

7 Likes

Where in NC? I live in Trent Woods outside of New Bern.

2 Likes

Hi Bill and welcome. You have some dreams and are in the right place to realise them if you stick at it, :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome Bill. It’s nice to have generational instruments. They come with stories as well sound. I’m looking forward to the possibility of giving my already 60 year old guitar to my grandson (3) if he wants to learn. Did the guitar center salesperson throw in an amp, too?

1 Like

Welcome to the community. There is much guitar goodness to be gained from web forums. Look forward to more contributions from you. I have a brother who lives near Raleigh.

1 Like

I’m in Asheville. Been here about 10 years.

2 Likes

Yes! He was really good! I had no intention of making a purchase.

Beautiful up there. We’ve been here since 2011. Retired from soul crushing jobs in high tech in Silicon Valley and glad of it.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Bill. As Toby said you can make musical dreams reality through deliberate disciplined following of the programmes.

How about some photographs of those guitars? Love to admire other peoples’ guitars :laughing:

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Bill

The acoustic is most interesting, the headstock, the pickguard and how it is attached, and the bridge.

And while zoomed in for a close look I couldn’t help but notice another LOTR fan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hello an welcome Bill. :slight_smile:

How old is that acoustic?

63 or 64. Don’t know for sure but that seems most likely.

Very nice. What a lovely thing to have.

1 Like

In fact, we have stumbled upon the UK (ok - and Japanese) section of the library.
Welcome to Justinguitar: where fantasies become reality :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey I’m in Black Mnt,retired from Mission .Get lost around here

2 Likes

I’m in Asheville too! Well, Etowah actually. Welcome to the tribe!

1 Like

Hello @AndMyAx welcome to the Community.

Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide & Moderator

1 Like

Hello @AndMyAx welcome to the community. I couldn’t help but notice the Irvine Welsh books :smiley:

1 Like

As others have said, that acoustic is really interesting. Makes me want to reach into the photograph and pick it up! With the Tolkien and the Rowling on your shelf and 2 young kids, do I sense that you’re looking forward to many nights of bedtime reading? :slight_smile:

1 Like