Hey - I'm A.J. from North if Toronto in Canada!

Hey! I’m A.J. from North of Toronto, Canada. I bought a Squier Tele at 32 y.o. in December of 2020 and have picked up a guitar nearly everyday since. My family is not ‘musical’ so I decided to try pushing through a limiting self belief that playing music wasn’t for me, despite being interested in a huge range of music for as long as I can remember. I sold the Squier a while ago after getting a Fender Jazzmaster, upgraded my amp to a tweed Blues Jr., and recently got a used Yamaha acoustic to try out some finger style stuff which I’m finding addictive too.

An unexpected side of guitar playing that I’ve found interesting is learning about vintage guitars and the history of some of the brands, and also seeing how higher end instruments are made. I have a custom cabinetry business so the manufacturing side of guitars is cool to see.

14 Likes

Hi A.J. welcome. Just follow Justin Guitar lessons and practice and you’ll see your guitar skills grow and be able to play a wide variety of genres.

2 Likes

Hey AJ, welcome to the community. A good friend of mine is Canadian, you guys are cool. Another friend who is a carpenter has started making guitars and ukuleles, the joy he gets from that is amazing. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Welcome, @acart !

1 Like

Hi AJ, Welcome to the community :wave: hope to see you around, have fun checking out all topics and discussions :v:

2 Likes

I went through the same range of feelings and thoughts!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum AJ

2 Likes

Hello AJ… Welcome to the community!! I love watching the youtube video tours of the guitar manufactures. I have a MIM Fender Strat and always said I would love to have all the people who had a hand in making it sign it.

1 Like

Welcome AJ! :wave: Sounds like you’re well on your way, hope you’re having a blast! Looking forward to hearing more as your journey progresses :metal: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome AJ!

2 Likes

Hi AJ welcome to the group

2 Likes

Hi AJ,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun and a long time learning :sunglasses:
Greetings, Rogier

2 Likes

Hello AJ and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

It’s good to read that you pushed that self-doubt to one side to follow a passion.

2 Likes

Hello :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome AJ :slight_smile:
Vintage guitars is a dangerous path to go down, it could get expensive for you :wink:

2 Likes

Hi A.J., welcome! Vintage guitars are something else, aren’t they? I love the history about them as well. And the making–so cool, isn’t it? (I’m a crafter and artist by nature, so probably feel a similar pull as you do being in the cabinetry business.) :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome AJ.

2 Likes

Hi Aj from a fellow Ontarian! I’m located east of Toronto.
I also love Fender guitars, and have a Player Strat. I’m borrowing a Fender 12 string acoustic, and trying to fight the urge to buy one.
Amazing to hear you have a custom cabinetry business. Fender has a video on YouTube that explains the manufacturing side of their guitars.
Enjoy,
Christina

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!!

1 Like

Luckily, I have a friend that has some and I just check them out! :ok_hand:

2 Likes