Hey! I'm Jeeshaan from New Delhi, India

I asked for a guitar this year for my birthday because I always wanted to learn and understand how music works. It’s been almost 2 months and I am glad that I decided to get into playing it. So far so good, although I’ve been struggling a bit with the F chord for the past week. Anyways, thanks for reading and have a nice day :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi jeeshaan, welcome to the forum.

Can I say, it’s great that you look a long way ahead. I do just the same but I do think that attempting the F chord before you’ve even completed 8 weeks is a little eager.

Welcome to the group anyway, have Fun.

R.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jeeshaan

1 Like

Hi Jeeshaan,
Welcome and i hope you have a long time of playing with a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Jeeshaan. :slight_smile:

Most of us struggle with the F chord. Stick with it and you will get there.

1 Like

Hey jeeshan, welcome to the community. Yeah, the F chord is a challenge, it took me a few months before mine started to sound any good. But it’s well worth it, the F barre is a gateway to all sorts of other goodness.

1 Like

Hello Jeeshaan. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the community.
Learning music understanding music, making music… it is all available to you here.
Pace yourself, take the steps Justin lays out in his course and give each episode of learning its due respect and diligence.
I agree with @Libitina that you are likely pushing on too fast if you are trying the F chord lessons already. That is grade 2 module 9 at a rate of one module per week. Honestly, you need to embed all basics and consolidate the newly acquired skills over and over across a good time period. Learning stage appropriate songs is the best way.
Itsgreat that you are keen and ambitious - attiitudes which can keep you going when the times get tough. Remember that good practice routines underpin how often it gets tough and how long the toughbtimes last.
If you need any help just ask.
Cheers
Richard

1 Like