Hey, I'm Pauline! in Germany

Thank you! :blush:

:icecream: :ice_cream: for us!

1 Like

Hello Pauline & Welcome!!!

One of the most useful bits of advice I received in the early days of learning guitar is to buy a stand or wall hanger so your guitar is available to play easily. Then, when you have a few extra minutes, you can pick it up and plat for 5-10 minutes or so! I practice scales or chord progressions while my coffee is brewing in the mornings!

Another thing is to consistently practice playing “in time”… Rhythm is the key to sounding good!!!

Have lots of fun learning!!! It’s a long journey but there’s a ton of enjoyment along the way!!!

Tod from New Mexico USA

2 Likes

Hi Pauline,

Welcome to the community forum. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Pauline, welcome to the community forum. My advice is to be patient and follow Justin’s course from the beginning. Also have fun learning songs for each module. There is a JG grade 2 song lesson video for “That’ll Be the Day” on the website. If you are a big Buddy Holly fan, there is also a grade 1 song lesson for “Peggy Sue” that you will be able to play sooner.

2 Likes

That truly is some useful advice! I actually bought a wall hanger together with my guitar and hung it right across my bed :laughing: that sure will give me some sweet dreams hopefully, or nightmares when I forget to practice :joy:

1 Like

Thank you!

Oh yes, I’m a big Buddy Holly Fan! (and everything rock n’ roll or rockabilly in general!) Excited to get to play it a little earlier than I thought! Although I saw some rather complicated versions on YouTube that show how Buddy played the song originally, so that will still remain as my long term goal :laughing:

1 Like

Well that’s the mystery of life solved ! Welcome to the community Pauline. Just holler if you ever needed help.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Paulene and community. I’m 6 months into Justinguitar and love it. Just had to share something. A close family member was at his last show and took the photo of the show. We tease her about the sign she didnt see that said “no photography”. My song goal is American Pie by Don McClean. Have fun.

1 Like

Hi Pauline.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: