Hey, I'm Pauline! in Germany

Hello there!
I just bought my first Guitar on Saturday, a halfacoustic Ibanez (not sure if thats the correct term in english!) !
And then by chance I stumbled upon Justins lessons and am soooo happy I landed here!
So far it’s going great, having loads of fun. My longterm goal is to be able to play “That’ll be the day” from Buddy Holly :smile: let’s see how long it will take me to get there.
Any advice for a beginner like me is greatly appreciated and I’m excited to become a part of this community!

Greetings from Germany :sunglasses: :guitar:

17 Likes

Welcome to the forum Pauline. You’ve come to the right place. Justin has the best beginner course.

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome! Already excited for the future!

Welcome to the JG Community, Pauline.
Plenty to keep you busy and lots to learn.
Take your time, and most of all keep having fun. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you very much :sunglasses:

Hello Pauline, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
What a wonderful decision to buy a guitar and learn to play it. It’s sooo rewarding :star_struck:.
My advice :thinking:? Take your time, be patient, and have lots of fun :smiley::guitar::+1:.
I wish you a fantastic journey with your new six-string-friend :blush:.

1 Like

Welcome Pauline. I believe what got me onto Justin was a quote a read somewhere, “[Justin] probably taught half of the internet how to play guitar”. I don’t think they were lying and there is good reason. very encouraging and very thorough.

Best of luck on your journey.
♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. It’s fun here

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! Thinking about starting a learning log, I’ve been feeling really inspired by the other ones on here :smile:

1 Like

Ha! Thats a fun way to put it! :laughing: :laughing: and thank you!

Welcome to the community, Pauline :slightly_smiling_face: There are so many knowledgeable people around here and you can always ask, someone will always be able to answer.

The Learning Logs are great. You can reflect on what you are doing, look back on how far you have come after some time (although I have never revisited my old posts), and you will get constructive feedback from other forum members… And for me at least that’s invaluable :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Pauline,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

An online guitar player couldn’t wish for a better start, with just a little bit of perseverance you will play that song faster than you expect after the first week, follow the mapped path as best as possible ,ask questions if thing are to much blurry and success is truly guaranteed… :smiley: :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

well that gave me the last bit of motivation I needed! Thank you :smile:

Thank you Roger! I really am so excited! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Moin Pauline, herzlich willkommen! :smiley:

You’re in a very good company here, lots of fellow learners around. I wish you loads of fun with your new guitar entering the adventurous guitar land. :slight_smile:

Cheers from another German!
Lisa

1 Like

Hallo Pauline, herzlich willkommen! Nice to meet you on this platform, you‘ve found a great place to learn and interact with fellow guitar students. Have loads of fun!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Pauline! I agree with many of the comments below. It’s great that you have a specific goal to aim for, but be sure to enjoy the journey.

1 Like

So gut. Pauline, - that 'ill be the day - was the first song I ever did on stage back in 1975. So I guess you are off to stardom. Any question you have, I’d love to help answer. I’m a singer, but found playing guitar fun too. Learning guitar with all these folks on this forum helps so very much. Each person responding to you in this feed really cares about music and that you learn too. I know this because of how they always respond, reach out and give honest critique. K? They care. So, it’s all yours to make good! _R

1 Like

Thank you for these kind words!! I will be sure to come back to that offer of yours :wink:

1 Like

With this great community I’m sure I will!