Hey, I'm Steve from Scotland

Hi all, really great to be here! This is my second attempt at learning guitar, gave up once before as a student because I just didn’t have the time to commit to it. Maybe it’s an early mid-life crisis this time, decided to give it another go and picked up an acoustic in the new year.

Pretty incredibly how much better my progress has been this time around, Justin’s structure of teaching is absolutely what works for me and I’m super pleased with how it’s been going. Planning on treating myself to an upgrade from my (totally servicable) Ibanez V50 once I finish grade 1, got my eye on a Pacifica already!

My music tastes are all over the place, my dad got me started on Dire Straits when I was wee but I roam all over the spectrum now, from Pearl Jam to Periphery, Fleetwood Mac to Incubus with some Foo Fighters and In Flames for good measure.

Looking forward to meeting folk on here, everyone seems really chilled out and on the same journey!

~Steve

12 Likes

Welcome from Minnesota (north central United States.) I’m convinced that Justin has the absolute best structure for learning guitar.

1 Like

Welcome Steve, I’m in Stirling. Relatively new here also but this is a terrific community. Any queries you have will be answered by the knowledgeable guys on here. Enjoy it :+1:

1 Like

Howdy from Aberdeenshire. 8 weeks in as a senior and loving Justin’s course . good luck

1 Like

Welcome Steve!!!

1 Like

Steve, welcome to the community. Happy that you are having fun and making progress this second time around learning guitar. You should be able to find song lessons to match your musical tastes.

1 Like

Welcome, Steve. Playing guitar is a great thing for a mid-life crisis. :smiley:

I just started about a month ago and am a good 15 years past that crisis era, lol. I often think I should have started sooner, but then the internet isn’t what it is today. Great community here. That’s quite a range of music, but I’m all over the place, too, though my era starts way back in the 60s. Hope you’re enjoying yourself, it’s what counts.

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Welcome ,and i wish you a lot of fun and perseverance :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Steve, welcome! Midlife crisis or not, any point is a good point to (re-)start with guitar, so I wish you a lot of enjoyable hours with your guitar!

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the community :grinning:

It was the same for me. I started learning guitar once and give it up,.
Now, I started with my second approach, with Justin and it is going great !

I can also recommend the Pacifica as a first electric guitar :grinning: I have 112J and it is fabulous :smile:

1 Like

Welcome Steve. I’m in exactly the same place and have been here for about a month so far. It’s an excellent community and very supportive.

I have had a Pacifica 112V for about 8 years and it’s still a great guitar.

All the best.

1 Like

Hello Steve and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I wonder how many great guitar players had Justin been available when we were younger, instead of trying to learn from a book.

1 Like

Hey Steve, welcome to the community. Great to hear you are making progress. Playing guitar is such fun.

1 Like

Welcome aboard Steve. I’ve just started my 5th week and it’s going well so far. Just follow the steps and you’ll get there. Lots of friendly people here to support you. Enjoy the ride!!

1 Like

Hi Steve.
I guess I could be having a mid life crisis if I live to 120😆
Just remember to keep your guitar in plain sight so you always remember to play it.

1 Like

Welcome aboard Steve :exclamation: :partying_face: :champagne:

1 Like

:wave:

R

1 Like

Welcome Steve,

Good Time to start again.

Welcome to the party great and supportive group and good learning site.

A :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Hi Steve, welcome. Good you restarted your guitar learning this time with Justin Guitar on your side. I have a Yamaha electric guitar that I bought with a starter kit. It is equivalent to a Pacifica 012. I like the sound and it’s the only electric guitar I need for now. You can use a multi-effect pedal and explore a wide range of tones. Some amplifiers have that functionality built-in.

2 Likes