Hey, I'm Zoey from SoCal! :D

Welcome to the forum Zoey

1 Like

Hi Zoey and welcome!

I think you will find that you will learn a ton following Justin’s beginner course.

Brain stew is a super fun song to play :guitar: Feel free to ask questions if you get stuck with anything! You‘ll find that many here are willing to help :blush:

Enjoy your guitar journey!

1 Like

Thanks Tod! My guitar is right by my desk so it’s always 4 feet next to me xD

1 Like

Thank you! I’m sure I can learn a lot from this community, everyone seems so helpful :smiley:

(I got the beginning of Brain Stew down, I’m thinking about adding vocals but one thing at a time haha)

1 Like

Hey Zoey, we all wish we were dumb pop stars too!

I play one Green Day song:

Welcome to the forum, look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

haha thanks! That’s a line from one of my fav artists, Mars Argo: https://youtu.be/jbgWXRxlSuQ?si=-NoxCPRF3Oc6Me3I

1 Like

Hi Zoey,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Your start is good because your goal is to practice a little every day in the beginning :smiley:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Zoey and welcome to the community! :wave::smiley:
Heaps of helpful folk here and plenty that are also familiar with learning Green Day tunes. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions :sunglasses::+1:
Have fun! :guitar::partying_face:

1 Like

Welcome, Zoey.

1 Like

Nice Zoey, I always loved Greenday, plus they are from good old Penole CA.

Keep punking it up and do all of justines lessons starting at the begining, he has so much packed into his beginning series, that if you skip around you will miss stuff. Also I was suprised how much I missed when I started learning song I was not 100% stoked about from the song list. But then wow that technique is so helpfull why didnt I know that? Kind of thing, I figured that out once I started using the filters in the song list. (It was a, ‘Should I learn all the songs from his beginner song book1’? type thing)

At first I was like im not learning any counrty songs, but then I realized they really are helpful with rhythm and chord changing. If you can play Country well you can play rockabilly so yeah good stuff all around.

Keep working justins program and you will be all over the neck in no time.

:metal:

2 Likes

Welcom aboard, Zoey! :smiley:

Wish you lots of fun and joy on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Zoey,

Beginner here too. I’ve been following the guitar course and the Practical Music Theory course. My thoughts are take it slow, try to get everything solidly under your belt as move through. I just love playing and singing so my course following is quite slow because as I learn and become comfortable with techniques, chords or whatever I wander off track and start learning more songs I like :face_with_peeking_eye:

I’m a Green Day fan too so my advice, as you learn chords, find songs that you know and can relate to and enjoy the journey.

1 Like

Hi Zoey
Welcome to the community :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Zoey.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Zoey, welcome to the community forum.

1 Like

how is ur playing coming along? :))

Well, but it’s slow progress and takes commitment and time. :+1:

Hi Zoey, welcome!

I love Green Day too, and might I recommend another easy Green Day song to learn? Warning.

Warning has just 3 power chords - A D and G - and a simple repeating pattern: AAAA, DDDD, GGGG, DDDD. And you can scale up as your ability increases - start with a single strum of A, D, G, D, then as you improve you can do two strums of each chord, and eventually work up to 4 strums.

Anyway, have fun and enjoy the journey!

1 Like

Thanks for the rec, I am going to try this today!! :smiley:

Welcome to the forum and I am also a huge greenday fan and currently working on multiple of there songs . Hope you do well in this great journey.