Hey there, I'm Lee - one of Justin's Approved Teachers :-)

Hello wonderful Guitar Friends, I’m Lee - one of Justin’s Approved Teachers.

I’ve been meaning to get involved with the community here for a while now, and have finally got around to it. Yey! :slight_smile:

My Backstory:

Justin is my old guitar teacher. I studied with him privately back in 2006 for around a year just before justinguitar.com took the world by storm (lucky timing for me). The year I spent studying with Justin was life-changing from a musical/professional perspective and I’ll forever be grateful for that experience.

I began playing guitar in 1997 at the ripe old age of 18 (a month before my 19th Birthday). The whole thing came about by complete accident. One day my Dad came home from work with a guitar. One of his workmates (who played) lent it to him with the intention of teaching him a few chords. Anyway, one thing led to the next, and I ended up having a little hold and a strum. I remember following the chord boxes and placing my fingers down to form the G chord (strum) and the D chord (strum) and being absolutely captivated and a little astonished by the sound. It was a wonderful moment that led to 26 years of playing guitar and 19 years of teaching guitar.

I think picking the guitar up a little later in life worked for me in a way, especially from the perspective of a teacher. Things never came naturally, and I felt as though I had to really figure out what worked, what didn’t, and why it was so. This is where Justin’s guidance really played an important role in my development - not just as a player, but as a teacher too. Thanks again, Justin!

To show my appreciation to Justin for the support and guidance he’s given me over the years, I want to help out as much as time allows in this wonderful JustinGuitar community :slight_smile:

I’m brand new here right now, so I’m going to do a little exploring. But as soon as I’ve found my feet, I’ll be jumping in and getting involved in helping as many of you out as time allows.

Take great care of yourselves, and happy strumming!

Lee :slight_smile:

36 Likes

Hello Lee and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Great backstory. I’m looking forward to your involvement here.

2 Likes

Lee @LeeMB
Welcome to the community :guitar::notes:
Michael

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. It’s a great place to be.

2 Likes

Hi Lee,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
and a lot of students to teach guitar :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Lee. I was reading your profile just the other day on the approved teachers list, nice you’ve decided to join in here. It’s a good place but can be a time sink!

3 Likes

HI Lee, thanks for the intro post and lovely to have another approved teacher helping us all out here in the Community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Lee - welcome to the forum. I’m relatively new here myself, and I’m still surprised how active the members are and how encouraging everybody is. I apprecitate it a lot.

2 Likes

Hey Lee, welcome to the forum. My middle name is Lee so you are on a winner with that name for sure. Nice to meet someone who’s learned directly from Justin. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hey Lee. Nice to see you in here. Was going through the Approved Teachers the other day and found the 5 top tips for guitarists by Josh Smith. - Really like that and is my approach already. :+1: :sunglasses: Now I just need to learn playing the guitar :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Hello Lee…Welcome to the community!!

2 Likes

Welcome Lee! Look forward to having you around here!!!

2 Likes

Hi Lee and welcome! Happy to have you here!

2 Likes

Hello, Lee! Glad you have chosen to join us! Lively group here. Great to jear your story.

2 Likes

Hello Lee and welcome! It’s great to have you among us…loads of fun over here in the Community :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Lee, welcome. Good to have one more approved teacher participating in the community. I know you’re busy people but whenever you provide guidance here is very useful (even for those that participate only reading the topics). We give and receive a lot of encouragement to and from our fellow students and provide and receive advice to the best of our and their knowledge, guitar skills and personal experience.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Lee, from a real newbie who has found the Community extremely helpful along with the lessons taught by Justin! We can always use a little more help in our journeys!

3 Likes

Welcome, @LeeMB !

2 Likes

Welcome to the mad world of this forum but is this tongue in cheek!! Wouldn’t say 18 is ‘a little later in life’. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Lee! That’s so cool you got to study with Justin himself. :grinning:

I hope you find it comfortable here!❀ུ۪

2 Likes