Hi all! Dave from the Lake District

Hi, Dave from the Lake District (UK).

43 year old boomerang Justin learner, back again hopefully to stick with the program :grin:

Aiming to be active in the forum and keep up the motivation. Liking the look of the Open Mic sessions. (Singing has some way to go though, started with Chris Liepe after his guest appearance on Justin’s channel).

Never sure where to start coming back, think I’m approaching end of beginner level but don’t like to cheat, or feel like I’ve missed anything. I normally start from scratch, get sick and wander off…

Will maybe post a video or two and get some feedback.

Play to chill out mainly, like the acoustic (£10 Martin Smith) which I’ve done some work on to make it a bit more playable, otherwise on the Yamaha Pacifica.

4 Likes

Welcome, I’m new here myself but there is definitely lots of help and support for motivation.

1 Like

Hi Dave, welcome. I definitely find that participating in the Community helps keep me motivated. There’s nothing wrong with going back to the beginning and skimming through the earlier lessons as a way to get back into the pool after you’ve wandered off. You may get a good boost out of revisiting an earlier lesson and finding out that some of the things that were really hard when you tried before are a lot easier for you this time. On the other hand, you’ll also find out quickly what you need to work on and reinforce. The important thing is to enjoy yourself, whatever level you happen to be on. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi and welcome Dave. Fairly new here myself, but there is plenty of motivation here. Hipe you have fun on your guitar journey :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Dave and welcome

If you have signed up for Discover Your Voice, Chris will get you sorted. A few of us here have been through the course and some of his other modules.

As to where to start, it won’t do you any harm to start at the beginning again. You’ll blitz all you know and can apply and get you to the level where you realise that is your new launch pad. It may flush out some issues you may have missed, which will help you in the long run.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Hello and welcome to the community Dave. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Smaller

1 Like

Thanks all for the warm welcome, yeah am working through the Discover Your Voice course.

Back at Beginner level 2 for the Blues and Power chord basics.

I’ll post something in the AVOYP section soon, to say hello :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Community, Dave. Sounds like good plans in place, blow the cobwebs out and then keep on rocking along.

1 Like