Hi All. Nick from NZ

Been playing well more like Noodling off and on over the years. With Long breaks in between for one reason or another but always pulls me back. looking to get a better understanding of how to put everything together. And all the What Why and Where’s. Not too much to ask is it? :rofl:

Nick.

4 Likes

Hey Nick, fellow kiwi ! Welcome to JG!

1 Like

Hey Rob. Cheers Mate!

Welcome, NIck, it most certainly isn’t (too much to ask).

This can imply a great variety in terms of level of knowledge and ability. My suggestion to begin to achieve your goals, would be to start with the very first lesson in Grade 1. I’d encourage investing the time to watch every lesson video and read the description. Then based on your current level, you’ll refresh, refine, and at times pick up some new things to supplement, taking as little as much time as you need. Completing this will ensure a solid foundation and position you to progress from there into the intermediate and advanced programmes as per taste and aspiration.

2 Likes

Hi David. Thank you. Funny you say that I have just started back at the beginning as you mention.

2 Likes

Welcome. A few Aussie’s and kiwis here. The community is a great place to share your progress and get feedback.

1 Like

HI Nick,

Welcome to the community. I have never been to your part of the world. I am from way out in California not far from Hollywood. Guitarists are a dime a dozen here so sometimes people barely raise an eyebrow when a new guitarist comes on the scene. I don’t care though. I love sharing my piece and talent as an artist. I started playing almost 20 years ago and was God awful to the point I gave up. The last couple of years I found the Justin guitar method and his techniques have helped me make leaps and bounds in progress. I went from awful to a steady chord progression in just weeks and now I play and sing all the time. I thought that was impossible at one point and now I can’t wait to learn more and more. Justin’s teaching style is great. I recommend to try his music theory along with the regular lessons. It helped me make everything make sense in the bigger picture. (You mentioned about everything fitting together). Never knew they called people from NZ kiwis lol. Hope to hear you play sometime and good luck here.

Jeff

1 Like

Welcome Nick - sounds like me and my guitar. Maybe we could meet up next time I’m in NZ (Raumati area)

Paul

1 Like

Hi Nick and welcome. I really only started learning guitar back in February this year after many false starts. have to say this community really helps me get better every day. I originally come from England but have lived in the US for the past 35 years. I was fortunate to visit Christchurch for a few days and have to say, you live in a beautiful country. Look forward to hearing more of your guitar journey.
From another Nick…

1 Like

Hi Nick. Im also UK origin, Romford Essex… Lived in NZ for 41 yrs

Hi Jeff. I was originally from UK. moved to NZ when I was 11. Ive been to Cali a couple times, San Diego. Really enjoyed the US.

Hey Nick, welcome to the community, my wife is originally from Napier and I played my first ever open mic in NZ.

1 Like

That’s right where I live. It must have been a long flight. If you’re ever back here, open invitation for a jam session. I lived in Germany in the 90s but never made it up to England. I had some friends that were British military though- good guys.

Fun fact I learned is guitarists come together from anywhere. Last year I was down in Florida and the rental car agent saw me wearing a fender T-shirt- was intrigued I play similar music and invited me for a Jam session. A similar story this year on Catalina island. ( tourist island off the coast of Los Angeles). Waiting for food at a restaurant and a guy got to chatting about whether a strat sounded better than a Jaguar by fender. Your musician people will find you even on holiday lol. Cheers

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks Jeff. Much appreciated. Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I used to work in a joinery woodwork shop years ago. Had a customer come in older guy but I could just sense I knew what he was doing. After a little questioning got down to he was making a guitar for his granddaughter and was after some timber. I do remember the convo went on for sometime!

Hi Nick, a warm welcome to the Community.
Getting the what, why and where seems like a ticket to a life of fun and learning.
Enjoy it.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome aboard Nick. :slight_smile:

I’m sure Justin’s course will be able to help you pull it all together.

1 Like

Thanks Sarge! @SgtColon

Kia ora Nick, I’m another of the kiwi contingent, in Lower Hutt.

I’m very new to guitar, been working through the lessons from the start for the last few weeks and really enjoying Justin’s style of teaching.

1 Like

Hi @oliver_bendix Thanks mate. I’ve played a lil had some lessons etc etc. I’ve started back at the beginning and really enjoying it all so far as well.

Hi Nick,
Welcome and i wish you all the fun of the world :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like