Hi, Chris here from the UK

Hi all. Chris here from south coast in the UK.
Brought my first guitar two months ago and quickly discovered Justin and his left handed doppelganger soon after. Following his grade one course, currently on module 4 have having a blast. Always wanted to learn electric guitar, just took me until 45 to finally do it :grinning: . Absolutely loving Justin’s Song App as well, well worth the money.

9 Likes

Welcome @ChrisCowler. I’ve been playing the guitar on and off for quite some time but find justin’s practice routines really useful. It helps me keep up the practice. Good luck with your journey :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum. I keep hearing positive things about the Song App, can’t be long until I take the plunge. I wish it worked on a Chromebook. If they can figure that out then I’ll definitely take a look.

Hi Chris
Welcome to the Community. Keep having fun and enjoy the journey.
Steve

Welcome Chris to Justin Guitar and this great community.
Glad you’re enjoying the journey. Thats what its all about. Justin is a tremendous teacher, so you’re in the perfect place, and the friendly folk here will help you out all the way.
Looking forward to your progress.
All the best.
Cheers, Shane.

Really can’t recommend the Song App enough, makes Song practice so accessible and the ability to slow down the tempo is great

1 Like

A question on this as I tried downloading again on a Chromebook and it works :partying_face: I’ve done one of the Grade 1 Module 1 practice sessions and it was a nicer experience than on the website with the Practice Assistant.

The initial free trial of the app only shows Modules 1 and 2 for the Beginner Course. When you subscribe does that add all the lessons available on the website (i.e. the Intermediate and Advanced)?

If so I’m definitely getting it. The interface is nicely polished and the Songs are really useful and obviously much easier to follow than the ones on the site which are just YouTube videos of Justin playing along with the Song App sort of embedded to one side.

@CharlieHutcheson It only seems to have the modules for grade 1 and 2 at the moment; but a huge number of songs!

Welcome to the Community, Chris, you are in the right place to make those guitar dreams come true.

1 Like

Hi Chris. Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun here! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Chris and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

At least you did finally take the plunge with the guitar and 45 is nothing. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for all the warm welcomes :grinning:

1 Like

It is indeed only the first two grades, at least for now. I’m not sure if the plan is to add the rest or not. For me even if it remains only Grades 1 and 2 I’m happy to pay for the app for the songs, plus just to support Justin. Of course if my reason was ONLY to support Justin then it would be better to just click the Donate button.

Hey Chris
Welcome - I’ve only been part of this community a few weeks, but its a friendly place. Here you get to know you’re not alone in your struggles or successes. The web site is the most structured and systematic set of lessons on net (IMHO), and Justin a great communicator, but clearly you already know this.
Good luck Chris and see you around.

A warm welcome to the community Chris.
:slight_smile: