Hi Crystal for Louisiana here

Hi all,

My name is Crystal and I was born in Louisiana and have been in East Texas since 2000. I bought a guitar when i was in my twenties (a really nice Martin) but knew nothing of setup. I quickly grew tired not being able to apply enough pressure to make cords and my fingers were killing me. I have short fingers. That combined with being poor forced me to sell my dream of learning to play an instrument. Fast-forward 30ish years and I’m Grade 2, Module 12 and truly enjoying the journey. I like most music (except jazzy jazz and baroque). I love rock blues - Clapton, SRV, Tedeschi. I also love Stapleton including Steeldrivers and Jompson Brothers.

I recently bought an $85 Jasmine which required no setup to easily play. I only changed the strings to extra lights. I have since gifted the Jasmine to a grandson and now play a Yamaha FGX800SC. I did take it to a luthier for some adjustments and am playing light strings. I am looking into purchasing my first electric. I am currently leaning toward a Fender Jazzmaster.

I look forward to seeing you on the forum.

3 Likes

Hello Crystal and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Everyone likes rule breaker, gives a bit of edge. :smiley:

Glad to see you got back on to your guitar journey and that’s a nice looking guitar you have.

Warm belated welcome, Crystal. Looks like I missed this when you first posted. Enjoy the adventure!