Hi- Dan here from Arizona!

So I just completed grade 2 on the app and loving it so far. I actually didn’t know about the website and was wondering where grade 3 was. Well after a few mins I figured it out and here I am. I’m 49 and have always owned and loved guitars, just never learned how to play. Well that changed around Christmas as I decided it’s time to quit just looking at these beautiful instruments and learn to play. So far so good can’t wait to see what modules in grade 3 bring! Cheers!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum John

1 Like

John @jnhrvy
Welcome and glad you found the web site.:+1:
Michael

1 Like

Welcome Dan,

Glad you took the plunge to give it a go.
There is loads to learn and it a great journey and fun :+1:
A

1 Like

Hi Dan,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello John and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Enjoy grade 3. Lots more to learn.

1 Like

Nice to meet you Dan! Great to see people from Arizona. Just bought the ToneWoodAmp made in Arizona and it sounds amazing :heart:

1 Like

Hey Dan, that’s really awesome, keep at it, you won’t regret it

1 Like

John (or Dan?). welcome to the community forum. If you have only used the app you should look at the song lessons on the website. There are many great grade 3 songs in the website song lesson section

1 Like

Hi John and welcome :exclamation:

Welcome John!!!

1 Like

Hi Dan, welcome to the community. You can take a look at the web pages for each lesson you have covered with the app and you may find some additional information for those lessons. Good look with grade 3, I’m not there yet.

1 Like

That’s awesome and I wasn’t aware of the local amp builder I’ll have to take a look!

That’s great! I’ll take a look at those!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’ll definitely take a look!

1 Like

Welcome much fun is here.

John, you might also want look at song lesson videos on the website for your favorite grade 2 and even grade 1 songs since Justin starts off simple but then adds more complicated or advanced strumming patterns and sometimes more advanced chords than you would see in the song app, so you can learn to play more like the original song

1 Like

Great tip. Will do!

Hi John, welcome to the group. So glad you’ve decided to dust off those beautiful instruments, leapt into the deep end and begun to learn. Definitely chose the right place for it.

Cate

1 Like

Hello Dan and welcome to the community.
Thanks for subscribing to the App and congratulations on graduating from grade 1 and 2.
Given that you learned from the app, not the website, I would recommend you spend some time consolidating grade 1 and 2 learning and as you do so read the ‘Learn more’ lesson notes Justin provides under each of the video lessons on the main website.
Learn songs, learn songs, learn songs.
That will give you a good platform for grade 3.
Cheers
Richard

2 Likes