Hi - Elise a newbie here from Scotland UK

Hi everyone I’m absolutely new to playing the guitar but loving it. At 54 I received my first ever guitar for Christmas, so feeling a bit late in joining the journey. :blush:

11 Likes

Elise

Welcome to Justin’s site. You’ll find lots of friendly fellow guitarists of all sorts of ability who give great advice in the Community’s many discussions. Hope you enjoy learning and playing!

I had to say hello as a fellow Scot now living in Yorkshire.

Brian

1 Like

Aw hello Brian, and thank you , it’s good to know there is a fellow Scots around :blush:. Im looking forward to learning loads from everyone here.
Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome to the Forum Elise

1 Like

I think you’ll find yourself quite at home. Lots of us started late in life. I was 67 when I took it up. Welcome!

3 Likes

Ah that’s good to know thanks, I have more time on my hands to enjoy doing this for myself :blush:

1 Like

Thank you :wave:

1 Like

Welcome, Elise. You’re not late at all. I took it up in October at 59. I hope you’ll have a great time with it.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Elise.
You’re in front already :+1:.

Stick close to Justin’s lessons, join in, and reach out here any time. All the best.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Welcome, Elise. plenty of us here who started late in life. It’s a great place, have fun!

1 Like

Hi Elise
Nice to meet you and welcome! :smiling_face:
It’s never too late! :smiley: And finding JustinGuitar right from the start is a bonus!
This community is very helpful and supportive too :sunflower:

1 Like

:wave: Welcome to the group Elise, mid 50’s is the average for leaning Guitar :smiley:

R.

1 Like

Merry Xmas! I started playing nearly 12 years ago when I was your age, so glad I stuck with it, the rewards are so very worth it. It’s just fantastic to be able to play music completely on my own. You’ll get there. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Elise,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun learning playing and reading :sunglasses:
And

You are still a green leaf among this group of people :joy:

Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Elsie, never too old to start and never too to rock n roll.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Never too late to start a journey that can make you feel sooo good when doing so. Best thing ever!!

Rock on!
Darren

1 Like

Welcome Moonshine, enjoy your journey. I started at the age of 65 and have just finished Beginner Grade 1.
Along with the existing advice I suggest you check out the Nitsuj practice sessions. It is Justin teaching himself to play left handed, so in effect he is also a beginner. Watching his practice videos in conjunction with my stage of practice I found to be very helpful and a good way to judge and measure progress.

1 Like

Welcome Elise, great to meet you!

This is all that you need to keep hold of, you’re in great company here with that sentiment!

2 Likes

Welcome Elise!

1 Like