Hi Everyone! An old lefty from Australia!

Hi everyone, I’m Scott, 50, a lefty from Australia. I’ve been playing guitar on and off for a couple of years (more off than on) and have been slowly working my way going through Justin’s beginner lessons. Its great to find a community of like minded keen souls. Let’s have some fun, play some songs and share our progress as we all grow and learn! Wishing everyone one success on their guitar journey :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum Scott

1 Like

Hi Scott, welcome to the community here! Pace of working through doesn’t matter so long as you / we’re all having fun. All the best and let is know how you’re going :+1:

1 Like

Hey Scott, welcome to the forum, a few Aussies scratching around in here, I’m from northern NSW, although currently doing the big lap in our caravan. What general area you from?

1 Like

Welcome to the community. This is a great place to have fun, record your progress and share your progress. Cheers. Happy playing

1 Like

Welcome from another lefty.

Hi Tony,
I’m from the Canberra region currently although spent plenty of time in Newcastle too. Hope youre staying safe on the roads! Plenty of rain expected everywhere this coming week

1 Like

Welcome Scott

That’s one of the best things about this forum. Everybody here gets guitar :smiley:

1 Like

Whoohoo; lefties rule!
Cheers mate!

LievenDV

1 Like

Cool. We visited Canberra by coincidence at the same time the blockade was there. Touring through Parliament House was fascinating for me.

Currently we are at Cocklebiddy which is along the Nullarbor. I’m playing the Nullarbor Links (Nullarbor Links - Wikipedia) and am pretty sure I’m one of the worlds worst golfers, but hey, it helps relieve the boredom on a really long straight bit of outback roads. Yesterday we drove 90 mile straight.

It’s quite dry here with nothing of note rainwise for the next week.

1 Like

Welcome Scott, from a fellow Aussie, on the NSW Mid North Coast. Great community here. Glad you’re enjoying the journey - reach out anytime.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hi Scott, I’m from the Brisbane region. I’ve had a love hate relationship with my acoustic for a few years. Just picked it up again after looking at it for 2 years and I’ve gone right back to the beginners course. I’ve been a Blues singer for a number of years, but left the guitar playing bit to the experts. Now I’m retired and just amusing myself but might actually write some more songs

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to our community Scott. :slight_smile:

Hopefully now that you have found Justin’s course it’s now more on than off.

1 Like

Hi Scott. George also from Australia, on the mid north coast of NSW. My journey has followed a similar path, been working through the beginner course but stalled some time back. Getting going again with the assistance of the Justin Guitar App. Wasn’t too sure how to post my own introduction so I piggybacked onto yours. :slight_smile: Good luck with your journey, hopefully this forum will provide the encouragement we sometimes need.

4 Likes

Hi Scott,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings ,Rogier

And @Vantage ,welcome to you too, and don’t be shy and just do your own introduction topic :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Scott
Welcome to the Community, from another Aussie :smiley:

Also @Vantage Hi George, and welcome too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome Scott, good to have you on board. Enjoy your guitar journey :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Scott and welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome Scott! Great to have more of us from down under on board :wink::sweat_smile: All the best with your journey :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Welcome GIFs - 21 Animated Images With a Greeting

1 Like