Hi everyone, from Sarah in Wisconsin, USA

Hi all, I’m Sarah from Eau Claire, WI. I’m 48 years old and have had a few starts and stops throughout the years trying to learn guitar but never stuck with it. Back in October I picked up the guitar again as I wanted to play and sing Happy Birthday to my granddaughter for her birthday in November. I was able to do it! Since then, I’ve been continuing to make my way through the beginner’s course and really having a lot of fun learning songs. Whenever I had attempted to learn guitar previously, I didn’t try to sing. Happy to be here and grateful to Justin for providing so many great lessons and this community.

7 Likes

Hi Sarah good to see you here. :smiley: I bet that felt good playing and singing for your grand daughter ?
Great that you are sticking with the beginner’s course, plenty of help and advice available if you need it, from a warm supportive crowd of folks.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome Sarah. What a joy it must have been to sing HB for your granddaughter and what a motivation to keep learning. So glad for you.

2 Likes

Hi Sarah and welcome. I echo the sentiments, it must have felt great to play happy birthday to your granddaughter.

2 Likes

Hi Toby, it sure was a great feeling doing that. Singing is something I never thought I would do.

1 Like

Hi batwoman, thanks for the welcome

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you here. I’m an accidental singer. Never thought I would sing when I started playing guitar. My wife sung the first song I learned probably 50 times or so and I started singing along in the chorus without thinking and I’ve not stopped singing since. Such fun.

1 Like

Welcome Sarah. I’m quite familiar with the start and stop experience. So glad you’ve already had a victory in your new learning path!

1 Like

Great to see you here, Sarah, and yay on the HPB song for your granddaughter!

1 Like

Woo Hoo! Awesome achievement, and it’s only up from there! Enjoy the lessons and the adventure!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Sarah. Bravo on achieving your first goal. Keep on keeping on and you’ll keep on enjoying.

1 Like

Hello Sarah, a very warm welcome to the community.

Music to my ears! :slight_smile:

Richard

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. Accidental singer is a good way to put it. Glad you’re having fun too

1 Like

@Richard_close2u @DavidP @Heatherxx @mari @Anastas617
Thank you all for the welcome!

Hello Sarah and welcome. :slight_smile:

I’m sure you are going to love it here. Loads of great people with oodles of fantastic advice.

1 Like