Hi Everyone, I’m Eccleshall (Ruaridh). Happy to jump in

Hi Everyone,
I’m Ruaridh, an enthusiastic returner to guitar after a fifteen + year gap
Last time around I’d got to the stage of doing floor spots at my local folk club, but my playing ability had lots and lots of gaps and was v limited, and I couldn’t finger pick to save my life.
As a youngster I’d been a pretty handy piano and cello player, in a very formal setting , so picking up at guitar for the first time in my twenties, I reckoned it would be real fun to do the opposite and be entirely self taught. Trouble is , learning purely from books brings you up against a lot of brick walls.
Discovering Justin’s site during lockdown has set me on the journey again, and I’m having the best time ever!
Guitar ambition - to get as close to the point I would have reached if I’d had properlessons as a kid, and not had the 15 year gap!

6 Likes

Hi Ruaridh and welcome to the Community.
:grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to the new community Ruaridh.

1 Like

Welcome @Eccleshall you’ll find lots of like minded people here.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Ruaridh.

1 Like

Lovely to meet you here, Ruaridh. Look forward to following your progress. Following Justin’s lessons will close those gaps and support you in achieving your goals.

1 Like

Warm welcome to community, hope you enjoy it! :+1::guitar:

1 Like

Welcome, Ruaridh! Many of us found Justin after long gaps in attempts to play better. Jump on in, the water is fine, and knowledge is everywhere.

1 Like

That resonates with me. Piano was my first instrument, then violin, and I picked up guitar in my mid-teens, learning on my own. I made progress, but slowly and haphazardly. And it stayed like that for years. Finding Justin’s site and lessons made a HUGE impact on me. I was able to “fill in gaps” and adopt a much more efficient and effective approach to my guitar practice. After finding Justin’s site I made more progress as a guitarist (and musician, in general) than I had in years.

That’s a long-winded way of saying “welcome, you’re in the right place!” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Ruaridh. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi J.W.C
I think like many people, I’d been searching on the internet for what I thought I needed - I thought I needed a “few tips and tricks” to get back in the saddle. Bits and pieces by Justin kept popping up in searched, so eventually I went over from youtube to the website.
Result - I realised the best way forward was to start right from the beginning, as if I’d never picked up a guitar before.
Like you, my development as a musician, as well as a guitarist has come on like I never imagined possible.
Looking forward to carrying on the journey…

1 Like

Welcome!

As bad as the pandemic is, it’s amazing that we can find good things to come from it. I’ve picked up the guitar for the first time and am 1 year in. I hope I will still be doing it long into the future.

1 Like

Welcome Ruaridh. You’ve got some great experience, I’m sure it will all come back to you.

1 Like