Hi everyone, I'm Socio, nice to meet you all!

Thanks @LievenDV that’s one of the reasons that I opted to learn Why Does It Always Rain on Me as soon as Justin’s lessons introduced the concept of barre chords.

Thanks @ChasetheDream I enjoyed your interpretation of 3 little birds and look forward to following your journey.

1 Like

Thanks Gordon, I hope to represent the Scottish well in the community. Listen to the advice given, learn from the experience of others and pass on what I have gained along the way to others.

1 Like

Thanks Maggie, yes Justin’s material is fantastic. I do love how the books are wire bound and everything is structured to work seamlessly together.

1 Like

Thanks @CYPGMB, it’s a pleasure to join the community. Hopefully I can add value to the community.

2 Likes

Hi James good to see you here and an old familiar backstory. Sounds like you are doing ok and that RUST course is a great investment, it will make a world of difference to your rhythm. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Toby, nice to meet you. Yes, that RUST Course is great. I’ve actually spent this afternoon strumming along with Part 1 :smile: I feel I’ve now got Patterns 1-8 drilled instinctively. So Patterns 9-12 now on my practice schedule to work with the metronome. I’d highly recommend the course to anyone struggling with strumming and rhythm.

2 Likes

Hello Socio and welcome. :slight_smile:

I bought the RUST course and really do need to make a start on it. So much to learn and not enough time.

Hello Socio,

I would like to know if you would recommend Yamaha APX600 or not. This is guitar I got eye on right now. Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Carreta

Hello Michal, yes I would recommend the APX600, I think it offers great value and is well made. The thin body makes it comfortable to play whilst still providing great sound.

2 Likes

Good grief James - did I really not shake your hand at the formal introduction stage? Oh my. Here I am about 20 months later haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi James,

Just wanted to say hello, as this thread popped up.
Really enjoying the material you are putting up. Your progress is fab, it looks like you are pretty dedicated and I get the impression well organised in your approach to learning.
I did the RUST course too and found it very valuable. I still get a bit confused trying to understand some tab with 16 note patterns, mind.
Really impressed with original songs, just listened to ‘hold on’. To me sounds amazing , really well crafted and played song :clap: :clap: clap:

Best wishes,

Alan

1 Like

@Richard_close2u

No worries, Richard, you’ve given me lots of good advice and kept me on the right path for the last 20 odd months.

1 Like

@Alan_1970

Hi Alan, hello to you too mate. I’m pleased to hear that you’ve enjoyed the material that I have been posting particularly the originals. Yes, I’ve remained pretty dedicated since starting learning with Justin and tried my best to keep organised in my approach to learning though I’ve strayed sometimes. I’m still a long way from being able to read rhythm. I tend to rely on my ears when Justin doesn’t have a song lesson. Wish you all the best with your learning.

1 Like