Hi everyone....JohnnieK's down in Devon

I’m here to reboot my tired old routine and repertoire and to finally try to knuckle-down to some theory. I play finger-style acoustic and I’m a fairly proficient TAB reader, but its become a bad habit that I’d like to partially shake-off. I’d also like to utilise my small collection of electric guitars that don’t see much daylight. I hope to be a regular poster on these forums, especially the Performance pages and anywhere that can educate me about basic music production and DAW stuff. Thanks for having me, Johnnie.

7 Likes

Heerrrreeess Johnnie !

Welcome John. Sounds like you have a little collection that will need sharing with the GAS geeks here abouts. Make yourself and home and shout up when ever you need advice.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello Johnnie, and a warm Welcome to the community. So nice to have you here :hugs:.
I’m very fond of accoustic finger style, and look forward to hear more from you :smiley: .

3 Likes

Hi Johnnie. It sounds like you have some fun plans. The acoustic is very handy for pulling out at parties, but sometimes you just gotta electrifi! :sunglasses: Can’t wait to see where your experiments with gear and production take you!

2 Likes

Hey Johnnie, welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Welcome Johnnie. Huge admiration for finger pickers. Look forward to learning from you.

2 Likes

Hi Johnnie,
Welcome and have fun finding your way here :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Johnnie and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

There are plenty here that will be able to help you with your DAW questions.

2 Likes

Hello Johnnie and welcome to JustinGuitar and the community.
Have you found the theory course yet? https://www.justinguitar.com/classes/practical-fast-fun-music-theory-music-theory-course
It provides a fantastic and practical approach to learning what you are doing and how things fit together.
If you have questions just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

Hello Johnnie,
My family crossed the pond from Devon in 1858 to settle in Ontario, Canada where I am now. I haven’t yet visited England, but hope to soon to trace my family roots. I have seen videos of Devon and it looks absolutely beautiful!
I am also in need of brushing off my old routine of playing the same old (favourite) songs over and over again, and I’m hoping to find inspiration through Justin’s site and community.
Wishing you the best in your guitar journey,
Christina

1 Like

Johnnie, welcome to the community. I had a similar background, so I know you can find just what you are looking for in Justin’s course. I still went through Grades 1 and 2 to improve my strumming technique and electric guitar techniques (still working on that). In grade 2 Justin talks about home recording and DAWs. If you start with simple phone recordings of new songs in the Community hub recording section and gradually add a DAW you can get feedback from others in the community. Have fun.

1 Like