Hi everyone, my names Andy, and I'm a guitaraholic... :-)

Hi Andy, welcome in.

I think the difficulty is what keeps the guitar interesting and so addictive :grin:

I’m only a newbie on here myself but learning loads already.

Welcome aboard Onda.
If you wander up to the Dee you can wave across to me on the Wirral :wink:
I reckon I’m about on stage 2 of the 12-step program and feeling a bit shaky, but so glad to have found the right path.
In a band already! Looking forward to hearing you play :smiley:

1 Like

My good lady teaches on the Wirral, and I worked by Arrowe Park Hospital for a few years - know it quite well (posh… :smiley:).
Will give you a wave as I head towards work this morning, Brian.
Thanks for the welcome. good luck and see you around.

My good lady is a psychiatrist in Arrowe Park.
We can see the Welsh hills from our bed. That’s about the only reason I can think of, why she has started learning Welsh :roll_eyes:

Haha, yes, a lot of fine middle-class burghers in West Kirby, don’t you know?!
When I’m looking for street-cred, I play the Merseyside card :laughing:

My wife speaks a little Welsh as she worked in Welsh schools. Bendygeddy! (Marvellous in Welsh)… :grin:

I feel practically Welsh now, but the rugby finds me out… can’t support Wales when they play England…

Re guitar I need a plan to get off my latest plateau… and also, if I’m honest, go back and consolidate bits I think I know, but probably could do better on and expand on…

1 Like

Very true…
Thanks Dave - good luck and see you around.

Welcome @Onda !!
Looking forward to see you play!

Don’t hold your breath Ron! :smiley:

Saw your version of Losing My Religion - really good, nice finger picking and singing. Thanks for sharing.

I’m going oto have to build to a performance I think - and I’m not a singer, but I will give it a go at some point.

Thanks for the welcome. :+1:

Hi Andy, a very warm welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Hi Andy, welcome to the community, be warned that GAS is pretty widespread on here :joy::joy::joy:
I know Kidderminster very well, I live in Halesowen and we have a Static Caravan at Stourport. It’s a nice area to live but Wales is another place I like, particularly the ’Mach loop’ I used to do a bit of photography there a few years ago, great fun!
Have fun and join in with the community!

1 Like

Hiya Darrell - cliche but it’s such a small world sometimes! :grinning:

I went to school in Hagley (up the road from you) and knew load of kids from Halesowen. That’s partly how I’m called Onda by my oldest friends - it’s a kind of West Midlands / Black Country take on Andy, it stuck with me for some reason. :laughing:

Also, back in the day, I used to do a bit of rowing at Stouport Boat Club (just over the bridge from the town) and still have good friends there now… its a great little town and river Severn is beautiful round there. Still go back to the area reqularly, but obviously not so much in last few years. However, I did see the mighty Kidderminster Harriers beat Reading in the cup recently - we were robbed against West Ham… :cry:

I’ve not heard of the “Mach loop”, assuming it’s Machnylleth way ?- its superb round there. My wife and I are fairly outdoorsy and really love Wales, nice round the Clwydian Hills by us, also good not being not far from the coast for blowing the cobwebs away…

Rabbitting on a bit now… but thanks for the welcome and blast from the past. Good luck, and see you around.

It’s great for low level military flying, yes it’s around where you thought it was. https://machloop.co.uk/

Yeah, I watched both of the Harrier’s matches on the box, definitely robbery against West Ham, they played a better match and really didn’t deserve to loose!

1 Like

Ahhh yes… I’ve at least heard these jets as we are heading down that road by Cadir Idris towards Tl-y-llynn. Fantastic photography on that link you sent…
Cheers Darrell, see you around.

1 Like