Hi Everyone; Skip from Md, USA checking in

The wife and I bought our 8yo a 1/2 sized guitar for Christmas and I kept on goofing around on it. So, I decided to jump on the Justin bandwagon and start some lessons. 2 days in so far and enjoying the heck out of it, especially his learning left-handed videos.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community James.

Welcome to the Community, James, enjoy it.

Welcome James, you sound enthusiastic and ready to roar. How marvellous. :sunglasses:

Hi Skip and welcome to the community and learning guitar.
Follow the structured course laid out by Justin and your ‘goofing’ will soon become ‘rocking’.
:slight_smile:

Hello James and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

it’s great that the goofing sparked a real interest.

Well its day 3 and I hope you are still having fun. Welcome Skip !! :sunglasses:

Yeah buddy! I’m on day 6 and a couple days into lesson 2, so bringing the E chord into the mix is a fun new challenge.

Day six, excellent! So a shopping trip for that full sized version soon :smiley: (or do you already have one?)

Welcome and enjoy! I’m very new too, just about 3 months learning and loving it!!! You will too, and I’d bet your son enjoys learning with you!

Shopping was a few days ago lol. Full size should be here this weekend. Then I won’t feel like I’m hording my daughter’s Christmas gift.

That’s awesome you’re 3 months in. I’m excited to see where I will be in 3 months.

1 Like

Hey James,
I’m your neighbor over in Virginia. You’re going to Love/be Frustrated with your guitar. This course is great. In a few months you’ll have a toolbox that you can rely on, and a few aha moments.
Welcome and have a blast,
Scott

:grimacing: I’m sorry, I thought I read ‘son’ somewhere, but re-reading, it was :notes: “just my imagination”

I hope she finds her path in music with you!