Hi, fellow guitarists! I'm Jose from Asturias, northwest Spain

Hello folks,
My name is Jose, and I had shared with you my first music video a few days ago but I hadn’t introduced myself formally so here I go.

I’m from Asturias, northwest Spain, and I’m 39 years old.

I love music. I dig 60s and 70s stuff like, for instance Cream, Rory Gallagher, Deep Purple, The Who, The Beatles, Pink Floyd…

My main aim is to be able to understand music so that I can appreciate the things that play all those wonderful musicians that I’ve enjoyed all my life.

Sorry about my english, I know it’s all over the place.

Stay safe and play some rock and roll!

5 Likes

Hi Jose,
Welcome here and i wish you a lot of fun, :sunglasses:
You must be a member of a popular soccer support club or something, I don’t know much about how you-tube works so I must be missing something,…but I don’t see any further content on your channel but you do have 588 subscribers,… that’s a record here on the forum,… I’m not curious at all :roll_eyes:so you can ignore me :blush:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome Jose, your English is excellent, better than many native English speakers I’d say!

2 Likes

Welcome José
Hope you find what you’re looking for :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

welcome to the forum Jose

2 Likes

Hi Roger,
Yes, I’m passionate about Real Sporting de Gijón and my nickname could be translated as “Sporting to the fight” in asturian language.
As to the amount of subscribers, I tought a course on Thermal solar energy a couple of years ago and that’s why I got so many followers, but my company made me delete all the content :joy:

Thanks for replying, take care of yourself mate :handshake::handshake::handshake:

3 Likes

Hey Jose, welcome to the community. I like your taste in music, look forward to hearing more.

2 Likes

Hi Jose,
My knowledge about sports clubs has been neglected in recent years, but it was almost impossible to miss this, :grin:… and,…Thermal solar energy Cool :sunglasses:
And a great pity that you had to remove everything,…well, start building again and this time with music, :smiley: and feel free with other passions :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community José. :slight_smile:

I enjoyed the video you posted and there is nothing wrong with your English.

2 Likes

Hola José, welcome. Colombian living in Canada here. So many nice songs to learn from the sixties and seventies. A period of high creativity, exploration and extension of the musical boundaries. Knowing a little more of how the music is composed, arranged and played enhances the listening experience and multiplies the possibilities of recreating it by playing it yourself.

2 Likes

Hello Jose, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
By following Justins course, you’ll soon be able to play the songs you love. ‘Wish you were here’, for example, is a Grade 1 song :smiley:.
I wish you lots of fun along your guitar journey :grinning:.

2 Likes

Hi Nicole,

I know, I’m new in the forum but I’ve been following Justin’s lessons periodically for like 4 years or so. I can’t practice as much as I should due to my tight agenda plus the fact that I’m not too consistent and the time I spend playing I usually dedicate it to jamming about :joy:. But I’m currently subscribed to the music theory course and I couldn’t praise enough Justin and his teams work, as well as the extraordinary people the site gets me to know. It’s like an oasis in the middle of the rough world of the internet.

Thanks for your feedback, take care of yourself :v:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that :sweat_smile: Glad to meet you mate, hope you’re doing well :handshake::handshake::handshake:

1 Like

Qué tal, amigo colombiano! You’re absolutely right, since I follow Justin’s music theory lessons I can appreciate much more in depth the way those compositions were created in terms of main structure, the keys in which they’re played, the scales used in melodies and solos, certain embelishments that used to pass unnoticed to me… I overall enjoy music even more than I used to.
Buena suerte con todo, un abrazo desde Asturias, España :yellow_heart::blue_heart::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome GIFs - 21 Animated Images With a Greeting

2 Likes

Hello Jose and welcome! I’m also concerned about my english sometimes and I guess it happens that I write something that is not fully understandable; yours seems quite perfect to me. I missed your video I think, now I’m going to check it. Enjoy your journey :blush:

2 Likes

Hello Jose.
A very warm welcome to the community.
Kudos to you for having already shared a recording in the AVOYP section.
I get what you say about struggling to find consistent to practice and play.
It can be difficult when time is limited to be strict and follow a disciplined learning path rather then messing around and just having fun on the guitar.
Keep on a learning path and balance it with your fun time too as much as you can.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Thanks Richard, I really appreciate your advice and I will try to put it in practice as much as I can!

1 Like