Hi, I'm Paul from South Yorkshire in England

Haha winter here 18 degrees, sunny lol

1 Like

Hello Paul, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
I also started from scratch 15 months ago, and I’m so glad, I did it :star_struck:. This guitar journey is so fulfilling, and it’s amazing how quickly you’re able to play the first songs.
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend and look forward to hearing more from you :smiley:.

1 Like

Hello, welcome to Justins community and good luck on your journey. Just be patient and you will get better in few days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Paul, you’ve definitely got the right teacher in Justin and the right place here for any support you need. You’re embarking on an amazing journey!

I’m t’other end of the country to you (sorry, couldn’t resist!) but as you’ll see the community here is truly global.

Have tons of fun learning! :guitar::metal:

1 Like

Hello Paul and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I hope you’re enjoying your guitar adventure.

1 Like

Hi Paul & Welcome!
You’ll find a lot of “Old Dogs” in this community that started their guitar journey a bit later in life! There’s even an “Old Dog” thread on here that’s pretty fun to read! Good luck & don’t let anything stop you! Remember that it’s all about the fun!

Tod

2 Likes

Welcome Paul. Lots of older starters here so you are not alone.

1 Like

Welcome Paul! I wish you all the best for your start. Have fun!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Paul

1 Like

Paul, welcome to the community. Any time is a great time to start learning guitar. Since you are just starting out with no musical background going slow is a great plan. Don’t be afraid to ask questions on the community forum. There are tabs for discussion for each of the lessons on the website. Have fun learning some songs for each of the modules.

2 Likes

Hi Paul,
Welcome to our community, lots of support and fun here. I’m one of those old dogs from Derbyshire😁. Justin is a brilliant teacher so you’re in the right place.
Take your time and let it all sink in. Enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Hey Paul, welcome to the community. I didn’t start playing till my mid 50s and now 10 years plus on I’m so glad I stuck with it! Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Welcome, it is indeed a cool thing to learn guitar at our age. Here’s a link to the old Dogs thread, too.

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Paul! Good luck and loads of fun on your guitar learning journey! It’s never too late to start something new. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you everyone

2 Likes

Hi Paul and welcome! Have fun! :wave: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Paul,
welcome and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Paul, welcome. Enjoy learning guitar. Slow going is the way. Moving into new material too early won’t allow to build your foundatios properly. In addition to Justin guidelines of when to move to the next module you may also trust your feelings and move when you feel comfortabel with what you are already practicing.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I’ve been an older learner too, also with no musical background, but it’s been so much fun to learn and Justin’s lessons are great. Enjoy!

1 Like

Hello Paul.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m arriving late to your welcome party. You’re now several weeks further along - how are you getting on learning with Justin’s fantastic lessons and resources? And navigating the Community? Have you had a sniff around the old dogs’ kennel?
There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything else.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.