Hi from Erica, Introducing myself :)

OK I’m old in years, young in spirit and excited to be starting this musical adventure. I discovered at 60 that I could sing in an opera singing lesson that I attended on the advice of a friend. Although opera is wonderfully expressive, I prefer the velvet toning that bossa nova, jazz type sounds allow as I like something freer in form. So I’ve been singing acapela at a few open mics, as I figured if I was at any risk of popping my clogs through covid, I might just as well go down singing…so release from lockdown ironically enabled me to take a step I might otherwise never have taken. :slight_smile: Now I want to learn guitar…nothing too complicated, a light palette of smooth interlocking sounds that I can rearrange to my hearts content as I write songs. So I have alot to do and I’m excited to be sharing this journey with you all. Many thanks for reading this.

9 Likes

I suspect COVID unbridled quite a few people, and you’ll find many of them on the boards. Welcome! I look forward to seeing your AVOYP.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Erica you’ll find a lot of 60 something going on 15 here. Good to see you found your inner musician.

2 Likes

Hi Erica, welcome to the community. You’ll find plenty of help and inspiration here with so many good people willing to assist

2 Likes

Hey Erica, I’m 63 and singing brings such joy to my life. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Erica,
So you go for the guitar is in the service of your singing, :smiley:…well I’m looking forward to a video of your singing skills, sounds very interesting…I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Erica, welcome to the community and to the excitement of starting new and fresh on guitar. You have arrived at the right place for great lessons, structured and practical learning and a community of friendly folk who have been where you are. We have singers with velvety voices too! :slight_smile: And some ‘old dogs’ … Older guitar students / Can 'old dogs' learn new tricks?

1 Like

Welcome Erica, glad you made it over here !

Age is just a number at the end of the day and its how you feel in spirit - not I don’t say body as that varies !! My usual mantra is the old Jethro Tull line, you’re never too old to rock and roll. So if you’re breathing keep playing and most of all have fun and enjoy the ride.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello Erica and welcome! It seems you have very clear in your mind what your goals are, and I think it’s a very good start! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome Erica. Brave to song acapela at an open mic, soon you can add guitar

1 Like

Welcome, Erica! Well if your writing is any indication (it’s very poetic!) then I look forward to hearing the songs you write! Glad you found us here, welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hello Erica and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

It’s great to discover a passion for music whatever age you are.

1 Like