Hi from Greg, Adelaide, South Australia

Hi everyone, Greg here just to say Hi to you all, I grew up in northern Tasmania, which had a great music scene when I was in my 20’s, and I’m now living in Adelaide. I took jazz lessons for some years then swerved off course to study and to raise my family. I’m pushing into my 6th decade now and starting to find time to play again. I’ve started at the very beginning of Justin’s guitar course and I’m working through module by module, including picking out a recommended song to learn with each module and I’m really feeling like things are consolidating.

Last night I went to a 70th birthday party, where a duet comprising electric bass and acoustic guitar played tastefully chosen covers and the guest of honour joined the band to sing two songs to his wife.

Ain’t music grand!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Greg

2 Likes

Welcome Greg, from a fellow Auusie. Good to have you here mate.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Greg. Quite a few aussies around on the forum, always good to hear from another one. We are doing the big lap in our caravan currently making our way around the Eyre peninsula. Also in my 60s and finding lots more time to play since retiring. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

:wave: :guitar: . . .

2 Likes

Hello Greg, so nice to meet you :hugs:. Please feel very welcome :blush:.

2 Likes

Thanks Stitch, glad to be here

1 Like

Thanks Tony,
I hope you have found a sheltered spot away from the crazy weather we’re having at the moment.
Cheers,
Greg

2 Likes

Justin does seem to collect a few Aussies - I guess music is pretty universal

1 Like

I do feel very welcome, thanks Nicole. This forum hosts a very supportive community.

2 Likes

Thanks, appreciated!

1 Like

We are camped at Smokey Bay, the wind today has been insane. 45km/hr gusting up to 60. It’s dropping off now thankfully.

1 Like

Hi Greg,
I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Greg and welcome.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello Greg and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Music sure is great. What would life be without it?

2 Likes

Good to meet you Greg and welcome to the community! With you all the best as you plough through the modules.

I think your final line sums it up best, music is indeed grand!! :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Greg - … I’m also from Adelaide …sounds like we are also in the same ‘decade’ of our lives too.
Been hacking away on acoustics since I was about 10 y.o. - mainly play at school (church, assemblies, etc.) and somebody’s back yard BBQ !! Great to see so many ‘Aussies’ here - and touch base with players from all over the planet too.
Might get brave and upload a video I did a few years ago sometime soon.

Regards,
Mike

2 Likes

Hello Greg, welcome to the community. Kudos for going right back to the beginning and basics and building up from scratch again.

Indeed.

Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like