Hi from Jordan in Cambridgeshire, UK

Hi everyone. Started playing about 10 years ago at 13 years old and joined this site (its changed a lot!) Wanted to say a big thank you to Justin (and whoever else involved) because the little I’ve learned I wouldn’t have been able to do without him taking time to make the beginners course.

Because of the lessons and the people on this forum I went from not knowing a single chord to having the privilege of recording some songs for our church and playing rhythm, fingerstyle and even a couple of electric lead bits over a year or two.

I got lazy and didn’t practice anything new for many years, life took over. But now some young boys want to learn guitar, so in helping them in person along with these lessons I’m striving to get back and learn how I should as an example

I never did learn the major scale properly, I learned blues and just winged it, but today I’ve properly sit down and learned the positions.

Encouragement to anyone that took a big break, its not too late to learn more. But the quicker you start the further on you’ll be

8 Likes

Welcome back Jordan. Helping others learn is a great way to improve your own playing.

2 Likes

Hey Jordan, great to hear from you. Paying it forward is great.

1 Like

Hi Jordan,
I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Jordan and welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

I hope your teaching goes well and that inspire some younger players.

1 Like

I think my church is dreading me getting the guitar out lol, but it’s only a matter of time :slight_smile: I usually play the drums when our usual drummer isn’t about and that needs some practice too!

But it’s so good to hear how you’ve come on so far, and I bet that all seemed a long way off when you started. I’m not there yet by any means but really enjoying the ride, every new skill learned unlocks some more music making.

Making a joyful noise unto the Lord? Well it’s joyful for sure, and it’s getting more tuneful too.

Bless you bro, keep at it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome back Jordan! Best line in your intro in that “it’s not too late to learn more”, amen to that :wink:
Have fun!

2 Likes

Hello Jordan, so nice to meet you :hugs:. I wish you a wonderful guitar journey 2.0 :smiley:.

2 Likes

Hello Jordan. Welcome to the new community. What a great story and what a fabulous reason to come back to the learning process - so that you can yourself teach and pass on the music.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator