Hi from North Carolina!

38 years old, always wanted to play the guitar, but never got around to it until now. Bought a basic fender acoustic cd-60s and started with Justin’s videos and app.

Today is one week in, finished module 1 and already starting to notice some improvement. I am now practicing until I get better before moving on to module 2. A chord sounds good, D chord have the third finger problem of not being able to get up next to the fret and muting the first string. However have noticed improvements over the week with practicing. Getting better at 1 min chord changes (up to 22 now). Songs are a real struggle (changing chords quickly), but figured they would be at this point. Able to play around 15-20min at a time, after that finger pain is enough that I start to sound worse.

Looking forward to continuing the journey!

4 Likes

Hi and welcome :grin:
Keep up the good work and continue those chord changes :+1:
That «finger pain» will soon go away. Dont forget to keep a little bit focus on how hard you press your fingers to get those chords too ring out. Try to find the sweet spot were they ring out nicely with as little force on your fingers as possible, that will serve you well later down the road :grin:

Keep on playin and rock on :metal:

Hi NC,

Don’t worry, you are on the right track. Things will get easier with time.

Nice to have you onboard

Great stuff, welcome to the community, I’ve got brother who lives near Raleigh. Keep up the hard work, you won’t regret it as you progress.

Welcome to the Community, NC. As others said, the finger pain will be a thing of the past in due course. It’s the first rite of passage. Keep it up, slow and steady, and in time you will make your guitar dreams your reality.

Hello and welcome NC. :slight_smile:

Yes, we’ve all been there with the pain. The chords do get faster as well, once the muscle memory is at work.

Hello and welcome to the community.
Good luck as you work through the initial lessons. Just ask if you need help or encouragement.
Cheers
Richard

Welcome NC enjoy the ride,
:sunglasses:

“In my mind I’m going to Carolina…” :musical_note:

Welcome! You’re in the right place.

Welcome @NCGuitarNewbie and congratulations on getting through the first module, you’re on the way!!
The finger pain will go and the improvement will accelerate, have faith in that. Above all, enjoy! :slight_smile:

Welcome Carolina! Stay patient on that finger pain….it’s exciting when it finally goes away and it will. Great job getting up to 22 changes already! I love how the platform allows us to enter our chord change totals and how it keeps track of the recent history with it. Welcome aboard, I’m a newbie too.