Hi from older new student from Texas

Hi Victor.

I used to live in Spring Cypress before moving to Bryan three years ago. We could have been neighbors. Perhaps we can jam together when I get better. :joy:

Hi Rob

Thank you for the kind welcome. Very much appreciated.

Nick

1 Like

Haha. I am guessing that your current skills far outshine mine! It would be fun to have some local
jam buddies that have a few grey hairs on their heads. :joy:

Yeah, traffic here is awful (and getting worse all the time). Luckily I work from home, so I don’t have a daily commute.

Hi Nick, I had tinkered about with guitars from the age of 10 but never really got very far with it, I mostly liked to play Lead guitar (by ear) so had no real structure of Rhythm guitar. When I got to 60 I decided to try to learn properly, had a few lessons off local tutors but never really gelled with any of them because all they wanted to do was teach me songs that I liked without the structure behind them. Then I found JustinGuitar and decided to give it a try. I started from scratch, it was easy on the practical side but I didn’t realise how much I didn’t know. Anyhow, this is something I put together with the aid of a backing track a while ago, it’s by one of my favourite bands Muse!

Since then I’ve not played that much, I have Fibromyalgia which makes it difficult at times.

I have two Nick.

One is a Yamaha FG411 and the other is a G&L Tele. I’ll get a couple of pictures done for you later this week.

Hi Nick
Charlie from Hull England, I am 70 this year and great to hear of people around our age learning guitar, before I started my Justin course and found this site I thought not may people my age played, how wrong I was.
Anyway nice to hear your story hope you keep moving forward and you never know we might one day be golden oldie Rock stars, well we can dream, I am all acoustic and love it, into Taylor guitars, have a nice day

Charlie

Hi Texasnick
I’m new here. Had a few false starts learning and tried a lot of lessons on the net, and keep coming back to this site. Great to hear you’re progressing. It’s very satisfying when you can feel teh inprovement.
All the best
Onda