Hi from older new student from Texas

I am just approaching 68 and retired last year. I live in a college town call Bryan, Texas that is about 75 Northwest of Houston. I have an Ibanez Artcore AS73 electric guitar and owned it for about 20 years. I have tried several times over this period to learn guitar with a private tutor and internet with no success. I have followed Justin for several years and now have time to really dedicate to fulfilling my dream of playing guitar. Since subscribing to Justin’s site and following his learning program, I have made more progress in the last 3 weeks than ever before. I am so looking forward to sharing my experience with you all and will get encouragement from hearing how others are doing.

16 Likes

Welcome Nick, congrats on the progress!

1 Like

That’s really awesome. I’m originally from Kansas and remember fondly the first time our family visited Texas, we all came home wearing cowboy hats. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Welcome To the Tribe, as someone else put it.Iam 70 and also just retired.Ive been at this for a year and if it had not been for Justin I provably would have given up by now.Its Good to hear how you do.At our age the path is different.

1 Like

Welcome on board Nick, I’m another oldie on here (recently gone 70) been here about 6 years now, still here, still having fun learning!

1 Like

Welcome, Nick. I’m an older player too, and love this community. I live in Cypress, about 90 minutes from you. Glad you’ve joined the group!

1 Like

Nick Hi and Welcome

Such a familiar story, I spent 17 years going round in circles doing what you seem to have done, especially pre internet and online lessons. Found Justin and started the old BC in 2013 and in the first month had gained far more than I did in nearly 2 decades !

Looking forward to you sharing your journey. Take your time work at your own pace. You are never too old to rock and roll. !

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome Nick! Best wishes on attaining your dream, you’ve found the right place for it!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Nick. We are all about learning, supporting, and encouraging each other. Enjoy the adventure.

1 Like

Hello Nick and welcome. :slight_smile:

That is a tasty looking guitar you have. What colour is yours?

1 Like

Welcome, Nick! Always good to see more Texans around here (I’m in the Houston sprawl).

1 Like

Hi Tony. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. BTW, my wife come from Dodge City.

1 Like

Hey Nick,

Welcome. I too found Justin’s curriculum to be very productive. Good luck to you and I hope to connect.

-Dan

1 Like

Hi Darrell. Wow, 6 years. What level are you at now and how was your journey to get to this point? You are an inspiration.

1 Like

Its a burnt orange in the middle of the sound box fading to black at the edges. It also has a cream inlay all around the outer edge on both sides. I don’t know if this picture shows it any better.

What guitar do you have?

2 Likes

Hi Dan. I also really like Justin’s practical and personal approach to each topic. Also like his sense of humor. That is what made me choose him.
Nick

Hi J.W.C I moved to Bryan three years ago after living and working in Houston for about 10 years and don’t miss the traffic one bit. Hope playing the guitar brings you some relaxation!

Nick

Thank you David for the warm welcome.

This is a nice forum and community to share our questions, progress and support for each other.

Nick

1 Like

Hi Schmidtrock. (Great name by the way) :+1:

Thanks for your warm welcome and kind words of encourgagement.

Nick

1 Like

Cheers Toby

Thanks for the encouragement. Wish I had started when I was young but better late than never. Looking forward to rocking out soon and will share my progress.

Nick