Hi from Terry in Texas

Thanks! I do like Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix just to name some of my favorites.

My dream is to play Gilmour’s solo in Comfortably Numb and Page’s solo in Since I’ve been loving you. But I know those are a long ways away for me. In fact it seems almost to big of a dream to ever play those clean.

So knowing that which amp to you think?

Anyone else reads this feel welcome to reply.

1 Like

Thanks! Retiring at 55 nice! Congrats on getting such a nice guitar!

1 Like

Thanks! There is a Guitar shop that is locally owned near me. They also offer lessons so I plan on becoming a customer. I think a stand is a great idea.

I used to live in Fort Worth years ago and still live about 40 miles west of there.

1 Like

Cool!
My wife & I lived in North Richland Hills just West of Ft. Worth proper. That’s where I got my start with the FAA learning to become an Air Traffic Controller… nearly 40 years ago!!! Family was all in NM though so I transferred to Albuquerque as soon as I could! Air Traffic is what got me into guitar… I kept one in my locker at work & would strum the few chords I knew for stress relief on breaks!!!
All these years later I am attempting to put in some serious practice & learn to play better. Time to claw my way out of the rut I’ve been playing in for a long time now!!!
Good luck with your journey!!!

Tod

1 Like

Based on my opinions in my post above, then the Katana amp might be best for you. Here is a YouTube Katana demo that will be of interest to you.

Comfortably Numb solo on Katana

Please be patient with your guitar journey. David Gilmour didn’t start out by playing his famous solos, but with a few years of practice you’ll get there

1 Like

Thanks that may come in handy, I subscribed to the channel. I know I need to be patient I’m just specking of dreams. I expect it to be really difficult and take a ton of practice and a fair amount of frustration.

1 Like

For actually learning the song solos, go to Justin Guitar website and search in the Song tab for Comfortably Numb and you’ll find four Grade 5 song tutorials - one lesson for the chords, two lessons for the 2nd solo and one lesson for the first solo. That shows that you have a path to your goal - you just have to reach Grade 5.
Have a fun guitar journey.

1 Like

I checked it out thanks again. I need to learn the best way to hear Justin’s lessons and my guitar at the same time if that makes sense. A phone with the app going through a speaker? I don’t know it’s all new to me. I can’t wait to get started and I think I am going to go with the Katana amp.

1 Like

Hi Yujo and welcome,
You’ve landed in the right place to learn guitar for sure!
Justin has lessons for absolute complete beginners picking up a guitar for the first time, so you’ve got the best chance of getting into good guitar habits from the get-go
Best of luck on your guitar and musical journey!
Cheers
Ruaridh

1 Like

Okay I just ordered the Boss Katana-50 MKII, Fender Pro series instrument cable, Ssllretu rechargeable clip on tuner and a 12 pack of Fender premium picks with thin, medium and heavy.

Now I just wait to begin my journey!

2 Likes

Well the amp and tuner have arrived but still waiting on the guitar.

Hi Terry and welcome and I must say that you’ve made a great choice in buying a guitar :guitar: to fill in your time, you won’t regret it, you’ll have a blast :boom: but stick with it because it’s not too easy at the start. So play on and have fun :star_struck:. :+1:

1 Like

I’m at work but my wife just called to say my guitar was finally delivered! So when I get home the journey begins. I’ll post a picture of it later.

Welcome, Terry, sounds like a nice guitar, and it’s always fun to learn on a nice guitar, too.

1 Like

4 Likes

Hi Terry!! Was just reading through the thread. Great story! Beautiful guitar!! You’ve got some great advice from our community members on preparations so all that is left is to enjoy the ride!! Have fun!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

OOOOOOOO that is nice! Now I want one! Congrats.

1 Like

Loving that strat, can’t beat a dark TSB finish ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great looking Strat. It brings out the guitar envy in me :-). Someday I will upgrade my Mexican made Strat (which is still very good) to something this nice.

1 Like

It’s been 8 days and I’ve practiced everyday for at least 30 mins and 1 day I went 2 hours. My fingers are sore but not to bad for a little practice. Every day but 1 I felt good about my progress, 1 day I felt discouraged and thought I don’t know if I can do it. That was the 6th day followed by 2 good ones. So I’m okay :grinning:

1 Like