Hi, from the Netherlands

Hi, I’m Wesley from the Netherlands somewhere near Rotterdam. I started playing guitar around 2013 when my son was just born. That’s not a good combination, a new born and playing guitar. I didn’t hold on to playing, and the guitar moved slowly to the attic.

But it always stayed in my mind. Now my daughter (second child) is 6 years old I picked the guitar up again.

A few differences are:

• I use the Justin Guitar way to learn.
  • Bought a Boss Katana go (I like gadgets)

The things I’ve learned in 2013 wasn’t completely gone. I noticed that my fingers moved almost automatically to the basic chords. Last time I left learning when I arrived at the bar-chords. Hope that I kan hold on and keep it up with the help of Justin. His lessons are really, really good.

So far I’m really exited to play and can’t wait to pick my guitar up after work. Fingers crossed (as a figure of speech, makes it hard to play).

Grtnx,
Wesley

9 Likes

Hi Wesley welcome to the forum. Unfortunately life family and things in general often get in the way of playing and leads to bumps in the learning journey. Good to see you’ve started again and found the right place to do it.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Wesley

1 Like

Welcome Wesley!

You seem very determined which is good, you will need proper dedication for this. :smiley:
Just follow the lessons and practice on a regular basis.

1 Like

welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Wesley, welcome to the community forum and welcome back to Justin’s lessons. What you learned in the classic beginner course can be reinforced by all lessons in the new beginner course. Have fun this time around.

1 Like

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the ride. I’m in my third week here now and like you look forward to that hour or so a day I get when the kids are in bed when I can come in here and learn some more.

1 Like

Welcome Wesley! I’m new here also and a beginner. Justin’s lessons are speaking to me already (I’ve been watching them but I do not have my guitar yet.) I feel confident if I don’t give up Justin will teach me to play the guitar. So I believe you are in a good place.

I’m happy for you that you can play again!!

1 Like

Welcome Wesley. Best wishes for your guitar ‘restart’ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hoi Wesley,
Welkom hier and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome home, my Lord :smiley:

1 Like