Hi from Yorkshire

Hi everyone thought I would introduce myself, recently got the big again after years of trying to learn, think my issue has always been I race ahead. I have set myself the goal of practising each section and will very exercise until it is second nature. So far I can do the 1 min changes on A,D,E Major chords and currently almost there with the minor chords and got the riffs down as well. Took inspiration from you tube videos of others who have learnt from Justin. At the age of 50 I feel it really takes my mind away almost like meditation and love it so much. Not great on the songs but willing to practice but enjoying bad moon rising and it sounds really good on my Strat

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Andrew. Sounds like you are making good progress.

Would love to hear you playing Bad Moon Rising. Make a simple recording with your phone and share here: #all-about-your-music:audio-video-of-you-playing It’s a great and safe way to get feedback, encouragement and sometimes points to work on.

1 Like

Welcome, Andrew! You appear to have figured out that a patient slow approach will get you where you want to go in a shorter amount of time than a faster blow through it one. Good on ya!
Guitar = Serenity is a good equation

1 Like

Welcome Andrew and sounds like you’ve got a plan! Unfortunately it is just about patience and regular practice. Take your time and you’ll get there. Don’t worry about what speed your going at compared to others either. Some choose to focus on certain things and speed up in those areas but may be behind on others. In the end the we all get to the same place just at different times.

1 Like

Hello Andrew and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Great advice from the guys above. Slow and steady wins the race.

1 Like

Hi Andrew and welcome to the community. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words everyone and glad to be here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Andrew, take it easy and be thorough and you will definitely make good progress, there’s no rush to learn because there’s always something else to learn (even when you’ve been playing on and off for nearly 60 years now!), just have fun and enjoy it!

Welcome to the community Andrew

Welcome Andrew, You have a good plan to progress.
Good luck on your guitar journey.

Welcome Andrew. You’ve come to the right place for support and encouragement.

Welcome Andrew :smiley:

I take it you have googled the ‘angry guitar player’ video? :rofl:

Hello and welcome from a fellow yorkshireman Andrew. Sounds like you’re taking the right approach. I’m 50 next month, no musical experience previously, and started to learn a year ago with Justin. Learnt loads so far and the style of teaching suits me down to the ground. Enjoy yourself :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello and welcome to the community Andrew - there’s a few Yorkshire folk and a few old 'uns around the place. Older guitar students / Can 'old dogs' learn new tricks? - #55 by Jamolay :slight_smile: