Hi, here's a newbie from Poland

Hi folks, I’m Monika, a science and LOTR aficionado from Warsaw :slight_smile:
I’ve always loved the sound of guitar(s), but it took me 28 years to actually dare to learn how to play this beautiful instrument (acoustic). It took me my whole life to realise that one can enjoy playing it even if not being perfect at it!
I embarked on this journey a few weeks ago. In a quest for learning tools I ended up here and love it so far… sore fingers aside :smile:
I’m glad to have found such a great community here.

13 Likes

Welcome to the community, Monika! :slight_smile:

Glad you joined us, you’re in very good company here. :smiley: Wish you all the best and loads of fun while learning to play the guitar.

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Monika, plenty opportunity for sore fingers. :thinking:
Take you time, and keep it fun … :sunglasses:
Cheers
Colin

1 Like

What’s LOTR?

Welcome Little Owl. I confess, without google translate I thought your name was something to do with cauliflower! :crazy_face:. One has to ask:

2 Likes

@markr31, Lord of the Rings, as far as I know

1 Like

Welcome Monica, plenty of help, advice and encouragement here :+1:

1 Like

Bywaj Monika, from here in Chicago, IL USA!

Be patient and persistent and you’ll succeed!

1 Like

Hi Moni, welcome to the community forum. You can have fun playing guitar at every level.
As long as you play a little each day and have fun you will make progress.

Welcome to the community, Monika :slightly_smiling_face:

LOTR is Lord of the rings? :smiley: Just imagine how boring it would be if everything would be perfect immediately… there would be no happy moments when something that didn’t sound good before, after hours of practicing all of a sudden starts working :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome Monika. Just joined this week myself. Lots of learning and practice to go. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Monika,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Monika,

Welcome to the fellowship :slight_smile:
Enjoy your journey.
A

1 Like

Welcome Monika!

Nice to find another LOTR enthusiast and person from Warsaw (I lived there for two years). I’m sure you will find this community very knowledgeable and supportive. Enjoy your guitar journey :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hello , welcome to comunity.
It took me 44 years to understand I want to learn guitar. It’s great that we still challenge ourselves with new stuff. Sore fingers , no way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, you’ve summed up my experience perfectly.

Welcome to the community, my mother was born in Silesia. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

I must admit that I wasn’t particularly creative here :upside_down_face: I am a bit of a night owl, so my French boyfriend started calling me ‘chouette’ (owl)!

1 Like