Hi, I am Dan From Buckinghamshire

Hi, I am Dan from Buckinghamshire in the UK.

So, I bought myself an acoustic guitar 1 week ago and have been practicing stage 1 everyday, I tried to learn about 15 years ago, but, didn’t have the patience back then, now at the age of 47 I am in a completely different headspace.

This seems like the right place to chat with others about all the obstacles and achievements along the way ahead……

Best wishes

Dan

8 Likes

Hi Dan, welcome to the community. You have certainly come to the right place. Following Justin’s course is the best way to make progress. Start a learning log to set your goals and record your progress. When you look back you will see how far you have come. If you have any questions raise them on the forum and someone from the community will answer them. You’ve joined a very lovely supportive community. Wish you all the best on your guitar adventure.

2 Likes

Welcome Dan! As Socio said, you’ve come to the right place. It’s great being able to share the journey with like-minded people, and helps motivation to see people struggling with the same things, and asking the same questions. It means you’re never alone! And of course, there’s always someone who has tips and advice to help with those struggles and questions. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Great stuff Dan, welcome to the community. I started playing at the age of 53 after trying once about 20 years earlier and thankfully this time it stuck. 10 years on I’m having a blast playing guitar and encourage you to stick to it.

Hi Dan, welcome to the community. There’s plenty of good people here to inspire and motivate. Enjoy the ride.

Welcome, Dan. You are right, JustinGuitar is one of the best ways to learn to play and the Community provides all the support and encouragement to help you along the way. Follow each step, slow and steady, and you’ll make dreams of playing guitar your reality.

Hi Dan and welcome.

Hi Dan,

You and I are the same age. I had a similar story of playing guitar in the past and failing. I decided to try again a couple years ago and found Justin Guitar. After joining Justin guitar I made leaps and bounds in progress. You can do it! I can’t wait to hear a sampling of your playing when you are ready to share. Best of luck on your journey. We are here to support you

Jeff from California

2 Likes

Good to see you now have the patience Dan, just enjoy and have fun here on JG.

Hello and welcome aboard Dan. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your guitar journey.

Thank you, starting module 2 grade 1 this week, enjoying the daily practice!

1 Like

Hello Dan, welcome to the community.
It is definitely the right place to chat. It is also the right place to learn and to ask questions, raise issues and seek help as you learn and progress through Justin’s beginner course.
Richard
:slight_smile:

1 Like