Hi I am Swas from India, feeling absolutely awesome

Hi everyone, I am Swashata (bit hard to pronounce, so just Swas :sweat_smile:). I am a software engineer by profession. Always wanted to learn guitar, but many a things (or could just be my procrastination) got in the way, but no more.

So I got my first acoustic guitar in October and started fiddling with the Yousician app. In a month I realised I am not getting anywhere, especially my sound wasn’t rhythmic and didn’t enjoy it much. A little YouTube search and I came across Justin, and wow!

I got the app and have really committed myself (hopefully). I can actually measure that I am getting better (still a very amateur though). Heard Justin’s advice loud and clear and immediately bought an electric guitar, hehe. I must say, I am enjoying it very much and everything, Justin’s advice, songs, strums, rhythms, riffs, looking at my guitar every morning, everything is so inspiring. I am loving it. It’s like a way for me to express myself. I hope to get better everyday and learn from you all.

PS: Thank you very much for reading all my jibber jabbers :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Hello Swashata and warm welcome.to Community! Using the app, Justin’s resources and being with us here will bring you plenty of ways to develop and learn to play and should make your journey a lot more interesting! All the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to meet you here, Swashata. Wish you well with your learning and look forward to following your progress.

1 Like

Welcome Swas! This place seems to be all about music, fun and jibber jabber. You already fit right in!

1 Like

Hi Swas,nice to meet you here. I started learning with Justin a year ago with no musical knowledge at all and i’ve made pretty good progress. Good easy to understand lessons, loads of resources and plenty of people around on here to help. All the best, Tim

1 Like

Thank you Adi. I am really looking forward to it.

Thank you very much David! I was browsing some posts and man, you are really an inspiration. I will be following all your journey :fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

Thank you Jamolay! I was going through some posts and you’re absolutely right about that😁

Thank you Tim! I am really feeling optimistic and would love to see your journey!

Hello Swas, welcome to the community and good luck on your guitar journey.

1 Like

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Community Swashata. In finding Justin’s courses and site - and this community - you have found a fully structured, brillant, effective (and FREE) course that will serve you right in becoming a guitarist and musician.
There are folk here that have been where you are now and will support and encourage each step, answer your questions and pay-it-forward in the JG community style.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

@swashata this is THE place to be for guidance, encouragement and advice along the way to becoming a musician.
Enjoy the ride down the road and have fun!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Swas. You’ve come to the right place

1 Like

Welcome, Swas. You have found a new family and we all play guitar! :guitar: :guitar:

1 Like

Hi Swas good to see you here and great that you are starting out on this never ending journey. Also huge congrats on posting your first AOVYP despite only being a few months into learning. That’s is the best way to observe your own improvements and the feedback will be invaluable. Well done for taking an early dip into that pool, Keep them coming.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome Swas.
Great to see you here mate!

You’re in a great environment here if you want to progress with guitar. Brilliant teaching from Justin, and a vast number of very knowledgeable and friendly folk here to help you along the way.

Folks here from Day 1 to decades of experience. We’re all here to share and help each other along. So just ask when you need some answers.

Looking forward to seeing you progress.
Cheers, Shane.

2 Likes

Hi Swas, glad to meet you! I think Justin really has a knack for teaching that makes it inspiring. I took in-person lessons for 3 years and although I learned a lot of theory I still couldn’t play anything. I found Justin and am going back to the basics learning things I skipped over before and having a blast! Stick with it and you will go far!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. This community is really AWESOME and I am super glad to be a part of it.

1 Like

Welcome Swashata :smiley:

I’m glad you found Justin and his fantastic courses. You’ll find everything you need to get those guitars singing.

1 Like

Welcome Swashata! I think you’ll find you’re in good company - a lot of people here tried other methods before finding Justin’s and discovering something they could stick with. Keep up your structured practice and you’ll make a lot of progress.

2 Likes