Hi, I’m Amanda from Canada!

Hello Amanda, so nice to have you here :hugs:.
And what a beautiful guitar you’ve got :star_struck:.
I wish you a wonderful guitar journey and look forward to hearing more from you :smiley:.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

I did something similar to you. I got to the year 2020, turned 38 and made a concious decision that I would not bother trying to keep up with new music. I had way too much of a backlog of stuff I wanted to buy/listen to anyway. I announced my retirement from listening to new music to the bemused looks of my friends.

As for boybands. No need to feel bad. I could go on and on about this topic but music journalism has traditionally been the domain of men who have programmed us to believe that music that is considered masculine or music with a predominantly male fan base is more valid. Its not. You should unashamedly belt out those nsync hits or even learn one on guitar. Viva Forever by The Spice Girls is part of my guitar repertoire.

Good luck with your guitar journey.

2 Likes

I was in a Spice Girl tribute band when I was 17 so my music taste in the 90s could be considered a little cringy. My go to these days is The Everly Brothers. I just get lost in the harmonies.

3 Likes

Hi Amanda, welcome. Good you found some time for learning guitar. Can be very good for relaxing after a busy workday.

2 Likes

I manage to practice every single day even after a 12 hour day shift when I get home at 7:30 at night.

3 Likes

Hi Amanda, welcome to the community forum. Looks like you have a great guitar to take you on a lifelong journey of enjoyable playing. I have always thought the Justin had good taste in songs in his song video lessons on the Justin Guitar website and has many songs from the 50s, 60s and 70s in the grade 1 song lessons. Enjoy playing guitar and playing songs you love.

3 Likes

Hello Amanda, a very warm welcome to JustinGuitar and the community.
Recording your progress (and even sharing it already) is a great way to spur you on as you can look back and see the improvements. Good luck on your journey. Ask if you need any help. :slight_smile:

Hi Amanda & welcome!!!
I liked reading your story & think we must have similar taste in music! I recently added EARLY Elvis to my playlists… never was a big Elvis fan but someone told me about his Sunrise album… Scotty Moore’s playing on those tracks are inspiring to me!!! Elvis had a wonderful voice in those early years too! Check him out!!!
Good luck with your musical journey!!!

Tod

1 Like

Welcome from a fellow Canadian and fairly new Justin member.

Welcome to the community Amanda!! Practice and motivation will get you to being an excellent guitar player! You have certainly found the right spot here at the JG community and all of the teaching ways around these here parts. :wink: . May your journey be fantastical!!

:sunglasses::love_you_gesture::+1::blush: