Hi, I’m Amanda from Canada!

Hi, I’m Amanda and I am a 42 year old nurse from Canada. I have been practicing guitar everyday for almost four months. I’ve tried learning a couple of times in the last 25 years but it never really stuck. I started out the year with a super cheap guitar with the intention of getting a better one. I worked many many overtime shifts in the last three months to justify purchasing a beautiful Epiphone J-200 almost 3 weeks ago.

I was quite musically inclined as a teenager, playing the flute in the school band and my sea cadet marching band, but becoming an adult with a full time job and then eventually becoming a mother I really didn’t have much spare time. Now my youngest is 8 years old I feel like I have a little of spare time to undertake a hobby.

My favourite kind of music is music of the 1950s and 1960s. My favourite singers and bands are The Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, The Beatles, Chet Atkins, Creedence Clearwater Revival and Eddie Cochran just to name a few. I have been brave enough to post a few videos of me playing on my social media accounts, although I have a long way to go to be a decent guitar player.

19 Likes

Welcome to the forum Amanda

2 Likes

Hi Amanda
Welcome to the forum, it’s a great place to help with your Justin guitar journey
cheers
Ruaridh

2 Likes

Welcome Amanda. Love your list of favorite singers and bands. Music of the 50’s and 60’s is the some of the best.

3 Likes

Hello Amanda… Welcome to the community!!!

2 Likes

I always thought I was born 40 years too late with my musical tastes!

3 Likes

Hi Amanda and very welcome to the community. Wishing you a joyful guitar journey. :pray:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Looking forward to seeing more from you and the pretty new guitar!

Life long, I’ve enjoyed a lot of 1960s-1970s music and have thought the same thing about being born in the wrong era! (I do like some newer stuff too, just not things that tend to be on the radio)

2 Likes

I really cannot stand any music that had been on the radio in the last 10 years or so. Sometimes I’ll listen to music from my teen years in the 90s but that’s only once in a while.

4 Likes

Welcome Amanda! :wave: All the best with your journey :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Amanda,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:…And buy a new radio with which you can switch channels :wink:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Amanda and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

That is a lovely looking guitar you have. I’m sure you’ll have fun here.

1 Like

Ha ha @roger_holland. It seems like once I got into my 30s I shut my ears off to new music. I do really enjoy a broad range of music from the 1940s to about 2014 or so. I like rock, pop, classic country (I can’t stand country music from the last 25 years or so) R&B, soul, a little bit of 90s hip hop and I’m sad to say, boy bands (in my defence, boy bands were hugely popular when I was a teenager in the 90s. But I always go back to music from the 50s and 60s which my parents brought me up on.

3 Likes

I absolutely love my J-200!

9 Likes

Welcome Amanda. New guitar looks great.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community. Nice guitar. :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome, @ava2006 !

2 Likes

Good guitar, great story. Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Hi Amanda, great to see you here. Enjoy the ride and have lots of fun.

2 Likes

Hi Amanda,

Welcome sure your have great fun and huge support.

A

2 Likes