Hi, I’m David from Buxton, England

Yes where Buxton water comes from :blush:

Just thought I would say hello.
I’ve played on and off a few years now. Generally open chord stuff, Brit Pop music ie the levellers, Oasis, Paul Weller etc… until just over a year ago.
We have a small theatre / Opera House in Buxton and I’ve seen lots of bands there. But last year the great Tommy Emanuale performed for an evening!!!
Now from that evening my attitude changed to what I would like to play on guitar. It’s now all finger picking, ie Don Ross, Mike Dawes, Amber Russell and even Lindsey Buckingham.
So I feel I am starting from scratch again but really enjoying the journey.

18 Likes

Welcome to the Community David! :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum David

2 Likes

Hello David… Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Hi David, welcome. Good you found inspiration to explore other guitar playing ways of expression.

2 Likes

Hi David and very welcome. Some cool names you mention there :sunglasses: Wish you a wonderful and enjoyable guitar journey :+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome, David!

2 Likes

welcome, but whats buxton water? :thinking:

1 Like

Welcome David,
You might want to check out Tommy Emmanuel and Mike Dawes playing together on YouTube; a master class in making music. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi David,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, David :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome David, have fun.

2 Likes

Well, you’ve heard of Evian Bottled water??
It’s the same …. Just from Buxton in England😊. Always surprises me how many tourists visit just because of this.

2 Likes

Hey David, welcome to the community. When I started playing finger style was the only thing that interested me, now I do a mixture of finger picking and strumming, mostly finger picking / style. It’s a wonderful sound.

Look forward to hearing more from you, thanks to you and Mrs google I now know what buxton water is. How often / much of it do you drink?

2 Likes

Welcome David!

I didn’t go to Buxton but I loved tbe Peak District. We visited end of November '21 when a snowstorm hit the area and it snowed an impressive amount overnight and next day it was windy as hell. Nevertheless, we did our hiking that we went there for! Ok, we didn’t do the Kinder Scout but we did the Mam Tor and some other Tors around there too. Then I had the brilliant idea to take the B roads south in summer tyres :joy::joy::joy:
Fantastic experience, I want to visit the area again!

4 Likes

Hi David and welcome to the community.
Tommy is perhaps among the greatest ever so you’ve been inspired by something magical. Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community David. :slight_smile:

Fingerstyle is very addictive once you start down that path.

2 Likes

Hi David, welcome to the community.

2 Likes