Hi I’m Nuraan from Cape Town South Africa

Hi, I’m Nuraan from Cape Town South Africa. I first picked up the guitar and learnt my first song in 2003 and since then my love for the guitar has not changed.
I decided to teach myself through books and online videos; what a loooongg journey it was. For a long time I could not find any structured classes for free :grimacing: until we were blessed with JustinGuitar. I’ve been watching JustinGuitar for so long already that I feel like we personally know each other :joy::joy::joy:.

I recommend JustinGuitar to almost everyone I meet in fact I just did it again today.

11 Likes

That’s fantastic, Nuraan! And welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome Nuraan. Justin’s lesson plan is fantastic and at a price that fits any budget. lol. I have been here about 2 years now and enjoy every step of the way. I first tried guitar back in 2004 and used similar methods to self-teach, failing miserably. After dusting off and trying again with Justin guitar I am doing much better. Funny you said about feeling like you know Justin. I feel the same like he is in the room telling me what to do one on one haha. I hope you share a video with us sometime so we can enjoy your performance and cheer you on to victory.

Jeff from California (a long boat ride away)

2 Likes

Hello Nuraan, so nice to hear from you :hugs:.

Yes, I do the same as I’m really enthusiastic about the quality of Justins course :star_struck:.
It’s such a helpful way to learn to play the guitar.
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend :smiley:.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. I’ve been playing for 10 years + and got my start with Justin. I’m always happy to tell people about justin.

2 Likes

Hi Nuraan and others, I too love Justin’s teaching. Remember to send a donation when you can so that the lessons can remain free.

2 Likes

Welcome Nuraan. Good of you to recommend Justins course, it really is first class.

2 Likes

One day when im confident enough to video myself i will definitely share :slight_smile: . Im brushing up on my playing so im back to basics Grade 2

2 Likes

Thanks Nicole. So what type of music do you love playing? right now im obsessed with Oasis wonderwall and neil young

2 Likes

Thanks. I dont have many musicians in my social circle so im looking forward to being part of this community.

2 Likes

Hello Nuraan, welco e to the community.
Justin truly is teaching the world to play.
We have a great spirit here of mutual encouragement and support. I hope to see you around. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I very much like Bruce Springsteen and the Dire Straits. While some songs of the first one are already an option also for me as a beginner, Dire Straits songs are way too difficult for me right now. But I need to have dreams :wink:.

3 Likes

Welcome Nuraan!
Fully understand what you mean! As soon as someone mentions guitar I basically respond back with “justinguitar.com:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Nuraan! Good to have you here!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Nuraan. Justin is a wonderful teacher and indeed to follow his lessons is indeed almost to know him, as face-face he is as he comes across in the videos.

Wonderful to have a few more South Africans joining the Community, as for the longest time I was the sole voice from the southern tip of Africa, and another Neil Young fan.

Look forward to your #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing debut when you feel comfortable.

1 Like

Hello Nuraan and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Yes, lack of structure can make things turn in to a long journey. Thank goodness for Justin.

2 Likes

Welcome Nuraan! Great to hear from you! :wave::grinning:
(From one southern hemisphere guitarist to another :earth_africa::earth_asia::sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Hi Nuraan,
Welcome ,and i wish you a long and happy gitaarplaying life and a lot live :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes