Hi, I’m Sarah from Germany

It’s good to hear that you’re getting to do something that you have a passion for Sarah, that passion is what you need to go forward with your learning path. Enjoy your journey down the path and more than that have fun and happy memories of what it was like being a complete beginner!
The best way to keep your memories of your path is to record yourself (even if it’s just on a Smartphone) and maybe post them on here for help and encouragement, there’s a section called ’Audio or Video of you playing’ specifically for that purpose, looking forward to seeing you there :+1:
Oh and for your interest, you’re definitely not too old; I’m 70 and still here learning!

1 Like

A warm welcome to guitar, JustinGuitar, the community and the wonderful path of learning to play. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a great story …all the very best to you Sarah !

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the kind words, that really helps (from everyone here!). I’ll keep the recording in mind - hopefully that helps as well with being nervous. :smiley:

Hi Sarah,

I don’t think you need to worry much about the age, the only thing that’s relevant is dedication. There is this interesting chart, to me it shows that we need to push little harder then people in their 20s :wink:. Good luck on your guitar journey!

1 Like

Welcome Sarah

How wonderful to hear how you got started, let’s hope that maybe one day you and you piano playing friend can jam together ! As to age there will be many here who wished they started as young as you are or at least stuck to it back in the day. Those fingers will soon stop hurting but grin and bear it for now and make use of the free lessons and the wealth of information you will find here.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like